I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Supermoto day

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Supermoto day

Post by Loosescrew »

If anyone ever plans A sumo day at beaver run, please let me know.I need to get this Ape. on A track. Please send A message cause, I don't look through the forums as often as I should.
Thanks.
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Supermoto day

Post by Rut Row »

Loosescrew wrote:If anyone ever plans A sumo day at beaver run, please let me know.I need to get this Ape. on A track. Please send A message cause, I don't look through the forums as often as I should.
Thanks.
stay in touch with mdubya - he goes fairly regularly. I want to go too and take the Wasp after I get street tires for it
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:
Loosescrew wrote:If anyone ever plans A sumo day at beaver run, please let me know.I need to get this Ape. on A track. Please send A message cause, I don't look through the forums as often as I should.
Thanks.
stay in touch with mdubya - he goes fairly regularly. I want to go too and take the Wasp after I get street tires for it
I soo want a ride in it if you do that... I will even get street tires for the XR and run as a clubman..

Also keep and eye on http://www.esmra.com/ - Eastern Supermoto Racing Assoc... They occasionally do do practice days at Beaver Run on the SM/Shifter Track for stupid cheap $80 for the whole day and you can go out as much as you want as often as you want - except during lunch and I think they do it on other tracks as well..... I used to do it on BR with my KTM 625 SM... I would check SMJ (supermotojunkie - there posts of practice days like this - not to mention there is allot of impromtu (but legit) mini races in large stadium lots as well
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
brownwhale

Post by brownwhale »

I'm going to be taking mine to Summit Point: Shenandoah on June 13 with Team Pro Motion, will be my first time on a track on anything other than a sportbike
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

brownwhale wrote:I'm going to be taking mine to Summit Point: Shenandoah on June 13 with Team Pro Motion, will be my first time on a track on anything other than a sportbike

Sweet.. I soo miss my KTM 625... Sold it to pay for a wedding.... and well to save my license.. It was great on the track - but nuts on the street (should have kept the drz400sm)... Post up closer to the event, would love to go out and watch - and can help out if you need anything
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Wednesdays are the SM and Kart combined practice days, noon to 8 PM, usually about $25 for the day and you usually have the track to yourself.

These are some Sunday practice days:

May2nd
May30th
July11th
Aug.22
Oct.10th

On the Wilson Circuit @ Beaverun. Bikes only,10am til 6pm. Asphalt only.
Cost $40.00 Appropriate safety gear,and catch cans required.
Rental bikes available. (RM 85,2 x DRZ400SM,WR250X)For more info: 1-888-274-0886 (toll-free)

We are looking at next Wednesday 4/28, weather dependent.

brownwhale, what are you riding?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

The Sunday dates look good. But the mid week days have to be experienced to be believed, especially if you have ever roadraced or done an RR trackday. There is no tech, and little to no supervision. We did occasionally have to share the track with a kart or 2 last year (we alternated with the karts).

Several times last year they just waved us through the gates and we rode for free. That could all be different this year, but there is no indication that it will be any different.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

Shenandoah circuit is one of the best tracks I have ridden. A little small for the big bikes and fast for the supermotos. The pavement was excellent when we did the Roger Lyle trackday. He ran two different configuration that day and dropping into bowl turn while feeling the g-force was a rush.

I have a feeling our days of riding for free are done at Beaverun. It wouldn't surprise me if Wednesday turned out to be a $40 dollar day, still not too shabby.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:Appropriate safety gear,and catch cans required.
does this mean we need to safety wire the bikes too?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:
mdubya wrote:Appropriate safety gear,and catch cans required.
does this mean we need to safety wire the bikes too?
I didn't have to saftey wire my KTM - but I never did the races - just the practices... I got a bonz one that was supereasy to put on... However, buddy of mine made his own outta PVC pipe... It looked like a pipe bomb on the side of his bike..
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se