I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

A cool sunday ride....

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
code
DAMN Poohba

A cool sunday ride....

Post by code »

So I called up Jax last night to see if he would be up for a little "unknown" jaunt. Was gonna call up a few others to join, but not knowing what we were going to get into, I really didn't wanna get too big of bikes out there, nor too many bikes.

Still not knowing how to hook up my brake light, I figured we'd start later in the day. Woke up and Cam and I rode out to the local hardware store for me to pick up some wire adapters to get the brake back before heading out. I get home, now noon, and realize I picked up the male adapters and needed the female :dry: . Then decide, f it, I'll just use the adapters off some other wires I've got layin' around. So after a quick soldering job, I've got the connectors in place.

Hook them up multiple ways and every combination seemed to give me different results, none of which I wanted. The final setup that I gave in to gave me a flashing brake light when my turn signal came on :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: Didn't have time to continue messing with it as Jax was suppose to show up any second.

We get on the bikes and head out.. Destination, somewhere in Manchester.. a little tucked away secret place. We start off with gravel roads leading back to farm lanes
Then some wooded trails..
To a nice steep decent and stream crossing...
The stream is a muddy mess..so we took our time. On the other side of the stream is a nice incline or another trail off left that does a gradual. Jack passed on the incline, but I thought I'd give it a go.
Image The picture looks like it's flat...it's not really
Then more of this..Image
leading to this...
then this....

After 3/4 laps of that and the brisk windy air, we decided to head out for the day. Both had other things to do, but there seemed to be more to explore back there trail wise. Intending on going back again sometime soon! :roost: :whoop: :whoop: :roost:

Good times...thanks for joining up Jax.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: A cool sunday ride....

Post by Rut Row »

that looks like a cool ride!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
brownwhale

Post by brownwhale »

Looks good, I grew up in the Manchester/Hampstead area, lots of areas like that around there
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey Code, I know what you mean about pictures tending to flatten out the terrain. Its always steeper then it looks in pictures.

I found this out a couple years ago when my wife was learning to ride a dirtbike. After a few times out my wife was finally feeling confident to do this little hillclimb. She gives it a go and makes it and is super proud of herself. On her second run I got the camera out. Later when we get home to look at the pictures, she was so dissapointed that the "big huge hillclimb", looked more like the bunny slope.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Thanks Code!
That place is gold... :thumbup:

Sorry I forgot my camera... Next time!
Nothing says JAXHAPPY like a muddy bike! :cheers:

JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

The problem with up hill shots is that the angle of the camera is usually at the same angle of the incline, it seems flat.
If you look at the image of me in the creek you can really see the incline behind me because the camera angle is mor or less level. But the pic I took of Joe the camera is angled up.

Thanks for the pix Code!
Kath

Post by Kath »

Oh yeah.....I'm going next time. :rickey:
dc_Minnesota

Post by dc_Minnesota »

Kath wrote:Oh yeah.....I'm going next time. :rickey:
code wrote:Was gonna call up a few others to join, but not knowing what we were going to get into, I really didn't wanna get too big of bikes out there, nor too many bikes.
Apparently I'm not. :boohoo: :lol2: :amazon: :angel: :foul:
Joe, I'm guessing that statement was cause I yelled at you last time. :nono: ;)
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

dc_Minnesota wrote:
code wrote:Was gonna call up a few others to join, but not knowing what we were going to get into, I really didn't wanna get too big of bikes out there, nor too many bikes.
Honestly I was gonna call you, even told kath, but then I was a bit concerned about the weight and height off the 990 in the in the "uknown". I have done hawbottom on the strom, there is no way I'd take it back on these trails and "have fun". If you wanna try it, let me know. Am going back soon.
dc_Minnesota

Post by dc_Minnesota »

code wrote:
dc_Minnesota wrote:
Honestly I was gonna call you, even told kath, but then I was a bit concerned about the weight and height off the 990 in the in the "uknown". I have done hawbottom on the strom, there is no way I'd take it back on these trails and "have fun". If you wanna try it, let me know. Am going back soon.
well now that you've called me out in front of everyone, bring it on. :lol2: i actually i would like to try and tackle that, but i might want to wait until i get a bit more aggressive tire. i'm expecting to be through the stockers by mid summer if not earlier, so maybe later this year.