I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Yo! HHR - can you do this?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Yo! HHR - can you do this?

Post by Rut Row »

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Re: Yo! HHR - can you do this?

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Sure, just let me drive your car on the way to supercamp...

I don't know if I could do for a U turn, but I can pull a finnish flick for a hard turn if I have some familiarity with the car... It's pretty easy to do it in a rwd car vs a fwd car as FWD is prone to understeer. Thus to flick a fwd car you really need to left foot brake (while the right foot is still on and modulates gas) which can get intersting in a manual trans.. Think about it - if you left foot is on the brake - it's not easy to clutch if your left foot is on the brake (not to mention taking one hand off the wheel to shift either)

Basically, if you are going into a hard right hand turn, your turn the wheel to the opposite direction approaching the turn ie left - and then snap it in the direction you want to go ie right.. You basically create massive oversteer - where the rear wheels are sliding and not following the front wheels.. The idea is that this is a faster way to point the car thru the turn and can stay and/or get on the gas quicker..

It's allot of fun if you know how to do it - but I spent many a time practicing in my GTI.. I stalled it a number of times either being in the wrong gear or not being able to modulate the brake with my left foot..... I can't explain that - I can find a friction point on the clutch no problem - but it was tough with the brake when I'd use my left foot. I think because it's Im used to opposite action of the pedals ( ie gas is up when the clutch is down and vice versa) and that to successufully pull a rally turn sometimes you are hard on the gas but still have to push down (to modulate) the brake - one isn't coming up when the other goes down - etc...

Learning it isn't exactly easy on tires/brakes and your transmission if you stall it allot. Not to mention stalling will put you into a spin... Not to mention, even if you are awesome at this - and don't exceed the speedlimits of a certain road - you WILL get a reckless ticket as the cops don't seem to like it...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Holy crap thats why i think rally drivers are some of the best drivers in the world. :thumbup:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Daves08excr wrote:Holy crap thats why i think rally drivers are some of the best drivers in the world. :thumbup:
While I couldn't do it (shot in Vid).. I think it's pretty tame - it looks cool no doubt - but it's not that fast - coming down straighter slamming the brakes and making a hard turn would have been about as fast....

If you want outstanding driving - especially on pavement- do a YouTube on Jean Ragnotti or Jeannot Ragnotti and Renault Rallying.... He's not exactly a worldwide name as Renault didn't compete in all the WRC Events in the mide to late 80's - but they did compete in the tarmac ones... While he's mid pack when on the dirt - he's freaking unbelievable on what can do with small hatchback cars on pavement..

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Daves08excr wrote:Holy crap thats why i think rally drivers are some of the best drivers in the world. :thumbup:
can I get a giant red

+1

If I could make that shit blink, I'd do that too.

It really makes me sad that NASCAR is the big driving sport in the US. WRC is so much more interesting, and I dare say more challenging. Not to take away anything from the lefty-roundy (Palin "hopey-changey" Voice) drivers, but the Rally guys are really on a whole other, higher level.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yup, I'm always shocked at how popular Nascar is in America. Rallycar is so much more exciting and cool.

Then again, I'm also always amazed at how popular Harley-Davidson is too...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Bucho wrote:Yup, I'm always shocked at how popular Nascar is in America. Rallycar is so much more exciting and cool.

Nascar... Not another sport centered around rednecks...

I don't get it either... I'd much rather watch smaller cars run around a road course....
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

hondahawkrider wrote:
Bucho wrote:Yup, I'm always shocked at how popular Nascar is in America. Rallycar is so much more exciting and cool.

Nascar... Not another sport centered around rednecks...

I don't get it either... I'd much rather watch smaller cars run around a road course....
DTM is pretty good series to watch if you can find it.
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

The British Touring Car Championship is good racing, too.

The Brits also have a very cool "track day car" phenomenon -- they custom build tiny little single-seat chassis for 'busa or ZX14 motors, and they go like stink.
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

Roadracer_Al wrote: The Brits also have a very cool "track day car" phenomenon -- they custom build tiny little single-seat chassis for 'busa or ZX14 motors, and they go like stink.
you talking about the Super7 style chassis scoots?...I have seen a couple of those and they are quick indeed!
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.