I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ride report for short attention spans

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Kath

Ride report for short attention spans

Post by Kath »

Joe always takes off on his birthday. It's tradition. We usually try to go for a ride too, save for last year when our dog had to be put down...on his birthday. So, the morning dawned sunny and bright.....ok, maybe not. But, they promised it was just a passing line of clouds and would clear up soon enough. We geared up and headed out to parts West.

For once, the promise of a weatherman came true! The sun came out and the skies turned bright blue. We hit a gravel road or two a few miles from home and some farmland sweepers, but we were looking forward to the Catoctin area for some dual sportin' good times. Joe thought maybe I might benefit from a run through on Hawbottom since the DAMN ride would be going through there. That way I would know what to expect. I mean I've only been dual sporting on the XT a couple times so far and really only through Michaux and Frederick Watershed on pretty tame roads. Of course, I was happy just to be riding on such a pretty day...didn't care much about the destination.

I noticed Joe started slowing way down in the turns. I was usually the one slowing us down, but I was running up his ass on turns and had to roll off a couple times. That was a new experience for me lmao. Then we came out of a stretch with a couple 90's and he just stops in the middle of the road. I sighed. That's when I knew the day was about to change.

"Tire's flat," he says, in his disgusted Joe voice, looking down at his rear wheel as I rolled up beside him.

I sighed again and suggested he push it over to a nearby driveway out of the road. We examined the tire and sure enough there was a slice right through the middle of the tire:

Then, a phone call was made, directions were given and a friend with a trailer would be on his way soon.

At first during our hour wait, the mood was light and I got a smile or two out of Joe:

But, the rest of the day was pretty much this:

Finally, Joe's ride showed up and I followed them to JT in Frederick who had a tube and tire waiting.

Of course, the day's riding might have been salvaged (albeit with the Wee) if the guy had told us up front that it was going to take 2 1/2 hours instead of the "hour or so" time frame he told us. But, we had sent Dan and the truck away and were stuck at the dealer to wait. After finally getting out of there close to 2 p.m., we called it a day and headed home. Joe went to bed to try and pretend the day never happened, vowing to no longer celebrate his birthday on the actual day of his birth ever again. And I went out to get some dual sport riding in on the lawn tractor....

Hopefully, Saturday's ride will give me an actual DAMN ride report to write. :lol2:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Ride report for short attention spans

Post by Rut Row »

sorry to hear about the tired changing owes. But I think I see the problem, Joe wasn't wearing his DAM jersey! Very bad luck to be riding in the DAMN watershed without the approved DAMN jersey. :nono:

Ur gonna have a blast this weekend! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

happy belated BDay and sorry for the woes......why not 2-up him back home from JT's?
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

zooom wrote:happy belated BDay and sorry for the woes......why not 2-up him back home from JT's?
:lurker:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kath

Post by Kath »

HAHAHA! I'm sorry....you did happen to read what my dual sport is right? It barely has enough power to get out of its own way. :harhar:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kath wrote:HAHAHA! I'm sorry....you did happen to read what my dual sport is right? It barely has enough power to get out of its own way. :harhar:
:lol2:

Nice DR 350 :thumbup:
Bruce
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

Kath wrote:HAHAHA! I'm sorry....you did happen to read what my dual sport is right? It barely has enough power to get out of its own way. :harhar:
well...you could use your new load as inertia to carry you further. :lol2: :roost:
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

zooom wrote:
well...you could use your new load as inertia to carry you further. :lol2: :roost:
1st off the area we were in was relatively level, so not enough "inertia" to really help the lil 225. Secondly, I'll never ride bitch. :nono: If I can't hitch a ride in a "car" then I'll walk. Told kath to go home and grab the car and come back for me, but she wouldn't leave me out there by myself. :screwy: In the middle of farm fields, during the mid-day and sunny, I really doubt anything would've happened to me.

Was fine with the flat originally, figuring it happened early enough to still get swapped and have time to ride. When we ate up the time sitting at the shop waiting for the " at most an hour" to change the tire out, which turned to 2.5hrs I finally gave up. :censored: Bad sense of time for the service mngr. Otherwise, I was thrilled they could do it the same day. Had I known, probably would've gone home and left the bike at the shop, grabbed my other bike and still had time to go out riding. Oh well, lesson learned. :dry:
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Sux about the flat... Happy fucking birthday. :frustrated:

I hope Saturday made up for it.
See y'all next time. :thumbup: