I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I love my 525 but,

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

I love my 525 but,

Post by Firebolter »

I hate changing the DAMN oil. I have finally resorted to using one of those cheap painting drop cloths, the ones that are plastic on one side and paper towel like on the other. I lay is out (it's 8x4 foot) next to a tree. Warm up the bike and take it next to the tree. Use a tie down so that I can hook the bike to the tree and it is leaned way over to the left side. Put the oil pan under neath where I THINK the drain will run and start opening up the oil drains plugs/screens. I have 4 drain spots, 3 stock and the fourth cause I have a HT Oil cooler and it holds about .6 of a quart. then change the 2 oil filters and replace them, that always makes a mess. Sheeesh, I make a hell of a mess, but with these drop cloths, I just roll them up when done and put them in a plastic bag and put them in the trash. Atleast this way the mess is contained and not all over the yard or floor!

finally all bikes are complete for the 2010 season! Fresh oil in all. New tires, fresh fluids and all batteries in tip top shape! Now I can enjoy the rest of the year riding with minimal maint!
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: I love my 525 but,

Post by Rut Row »

I just bought an HT Oil Cooler. Haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Am waiting on some Pro Motion +3" throttle cables and will do everything at once. I also have a new 100W stator to install and a carb vent.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The HT cooler is a really nice addition to an RFS motor. I didn't care about cooler oil, I really wanted the additional .6 litre of capacity. Now on long DS rides like the SS500, I ride the crap out of the bike and it just cruises effortlessly and the oil changes can go a little longer in between.

Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

did you really have to post that picture? :loveit:

Now I see two other farkles I need... :screwy:

talk to me about that shifter and cover... :lurker:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The clutch slave cover is from Bonz

http://www.bikebonz.com/images/sitebdy/ ... _cluch.htm

The shifter I got off eBay for 15 bucks.......

Now both oil filter covers are also Billet Orange KTM covers!

I installed my Christmas present from my GF today

Then I ordered a nice 11x9x7 Pelican case to mount to the rack to carry tubes, CO2 cannisters and tire irons. No more carrying that shit on my back for DS rides and marshaling duty! No foam inside though!

Now all that is left to make my 525 the Ultimate DS, a Rekluse............................... :rayof:

I put the lights back on now, all that is left is to mount the case!

Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

holy cow - that is too purdy to ride! :thumbsup:
Ken
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

What the Hell is all that about? Umteen different drain plugs, 1/2 a dozen filters? Oil cooler? WOW. My KTM 300 or my YZ250 together only have half that stuff. Two strokes & mullets forever dude. See ya out there when you're done working on them. :shrug:
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mullethead774 wrote:What the Hell is all that about? Umteen different drain plugs, 1/2 a dozen filters? Oil cooler? WOW. My KTM 300 or my YZ250 together only have half that stuff. Two strokes & mullets forever dude. See ya out there when you're done working on them. :shrug:
:dirtdog: Luddite :lol2:
Ken
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

mullethead774 wrote:What the Hell is all that about? Umteen different drain plugs, 1/2 a dozen filters? Oil cooler? WOW. My KTM 300 or my YZ250 together only have half that stuff. Two strokes & mullets forever dude. See ya out there when you're done working on them. :shrug:
"Simple strokes for simple folks" :beathorse:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Seriously that bike blinged out, very nice.
Love the blue fender.
Berg owners are installing white KTM fenders and KTM owners install blue Berg fenders.
What a mixed up world, can't we all just get along.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr