I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Handguards question

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Kath

Handguards question

Post by Kath »

Are the plastic parts universal or do you have to get the same brand of deflector as the metal cross piece?

I know....stoopid girl question, but I won't know if I don't ask. I already have the Moose metal guard, so I was wondering do I have to get Moose deflectors? I'm not liking the color choices. I guess I could always paint them if I'm stuck with them.
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Re: Handguards question

Post by OldmanX »

They're pretty much brand specific. We have both Moose and Cycra on our bikes. The Cycra deflectors mount onto the front of the guard, where the Moose guard passes thru the deflector. I'd think that you could probably make Cycra deflectors work on Moose guards but it'd take a little bit of work. You'd have to drill and tap 3 holes in the Moose guard, and you might need to heat the deflector when you screwed it fast so that it mated to the bend of the Moose guard.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Kath

Post by Kath »

Oh well....looks like I will just have to get creative with some spray paint. lol
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:Oh well....looks like I will just have to get creative with some spray paint. lol
Krylon seems to work well on plastic - and a psychedelic paint job would be the shits! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

The XR4 we just got has Moose handguards and I put a set of Tusk shields or spoliers or whaever things on. I had an extra set setting around. They fit fine.

YMMV

What I used-
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/produ ... lyId=19201
Bruce
Kath

Post by Kath »

Kyler wrote: Krylon seems to work well on plastic - and a psychedelic paint job would be the shits! :lol2:
Don't tempt me! How hard do you think it would be to do a tie dyed look? :lol2:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:Don't tempt me! How hard do you think it would be to do a tie dyed look? :lol2:
:hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Hey Kath alot of different brands will fit the moose bars like

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/produ ... orAttr=349

and they should come with the screws and drill bit to mount them
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

for the metal bar hand guards we always cut our roost deflectors out of 5 gal plastic buckets you would be amazed how pro you can make them look and they last like crazy
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:for the metal bar hand guards we always cut our roost deflectors out of 5 gal plastic buckets you would be amazed how pro you can make them look and they last like crazy
that explains why I smell pickles when I'm near your bike! :harhar:
Ken