I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mirrors for a KTM

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Mirrors for a KTM

Post by jgreene »

Can someone recommend a good set of folding mirrors for a 525 EXC? I have a set of MSR's on it now. Worked great to get thru the inspection, but not real good for anything else. They are not long enough to see around my shoulders.
Dunker

Re: Mirrors for a KTM

Post by Dunker »

I installed a pair of Ken Sean folding dual-sport mirrors on a friend's '97 KTM 620 RXCe. No feedback on how they work from him yet. Bought them from Dennis Kirk.

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

http://www.procycle.us/dskits/dskit.htm
At the bottom of the link you will see bar end mirrors.
I have them on my Berg and I think they work well. Folds away when not needed and just fold out when you need to use. Works well to see around your shoulders.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I keep thinking I'm going to be that boy genius and come up with some way to do bar-end mirrors AND hand guards.

Nothing much is springing to mind.

Being broad-shouldered, I always installed Napoleon bar end mirrors on my street bikes. The knock-offs aren't nearly as nice.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I think the ones Boom Boom has work with his hand guards.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:I keep thinking I'm going to be that boy genius and come up with some way to do bar-end mirrors AND hand guards.

Nothing much is springing to mind.

Being broad-shouldered, I always installed Napoleon bar end mirrors on my street bikes. The knock-offs aren't nearly as nice.
sorry Al - been done

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote:http://www.procycle.us/dskits/dskit.htm
At the bottom of the link you will see bar end mirrors.
I have them on my Berg and I think they work well. Folds away when not needed and just fold out when you need to use. Works well to see around your shoulders.

Boom Boom,

Can you just flip these mirrors in and out on the fly? It looks to me like there is probably a screw you have to lossen to move them and then retighten; looks similar to a RAM mount set-up? Also, do they add much to the over all width of the handlebars (I am already banging off enough trees!)?

The other option I am considering is these KTM folding mirrors; similar to the Ken Sean's but they don't have the big rubber boot:
http://motoscience.mybisi.com/product/7 ... 26342.html
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

If you click on the link, then pull up the larger pic it shows how they work.
Yes, when adjusted correct you just tuck them up behind the guards or flip out to the side to use.
You might have to snug up with an allen once during a ride to keep enough tension to stay where you place them.
To keep your bars the same overall width you need to trim off 1/2" per side to allow for the mirror.
I had them on Grady's 510 and did not like them, the hand guards taper in to fast and the mirror and clutch / brake levers were always in conflict with each other. The guards on my Berg have a longer straight section before the bend starts and the mirror hides away perfect.
I rode Shade Mountain clipping off trees all day and the mirrors were not an issue.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

Boom Boom wrote:If you click on the link, then pull up the larger pic it shows how they work.
Yes, when adjusted correct you just tuck them up behind the guards or flip out to the side to use.
You might have to snug up with an allen once during a ride to keep enough tension to stay where you place them.
To keep your bars the same overall width you need to trim off 1/2" per side to allow for the mirror.
I had them on Grady's 510 and did not like them, the hand guards taper in to fast and the mirror and clutch / brake levers were always in conflict with each other. The guards on my Berg have a longer straight section before the bend starts and the mirror hides away perfect.
I rode Shade Mountain clipping off trees all day and the mirrors were not an issue.
Yep. Clipping trees all day. I can vouch for that. Saw one clip him right to the ground. :brows: How's the shoulder there big guy.
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

mullethead774 wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:If you click on the link, then pull up the larger pic it shows how they work.
Yep. Clipping trees all day. I can vouch for that. Saw one clip him right to the ground. :brows: How's the shoulder there big guy.

Good thing it was only a 24" diameter oak tree or I might have actually hurt :wallbash: . Tree 1 - Husaberg 0 :frustrated:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr