I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Fookin Hondas

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Fookin Hondas

Post by Laoch »

That spark plug had me going for a few minutes :lol2:

What a piece of brilliant engineering. :screwy:
Luckily I have a lot of tools and was able to find a plug socket that worked. The one from my Kawa ATV tool kits fits.

What else....choke lever, gotta be a DAMN contortionist to reach that sucker. The air box is neat, two quick release jobbies, no need to remove seat. Brakes pads were simple.

More later. We're gonna have a test session tomorrow. :roost:

New sprocket and chain set, new brake pads, oil change, new front tire, swingarm taken apart, bearings inspected, lubed put back on, and a bunch of other crap. Now we'll see if I put it back together the right way. :lol2:
Bruce
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Re: Fookin Hondas

Post by XRAnimal »

It will be well worth it :thumbup: An uncorked XR4 is the best all around, capable bike I've owned.

Let B Dirt or me know if ya want to know sumpin about the new scoot:deal:

what year is it?

Your Kawa ATV plug wrench solution would be popular among XR4 owners. Finding the right wrench is a beach :dirtdog:
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Fookin Hondas

Post by Laoch »

XRAnimal wrote:It will be well worth it :thumbup: An uncorked XR4 is the best all around, capable bike I've owned.

Let B Dirt or me know if ya want to know sumpin about the new scoot:deal:

what year is it?

Your Kawa ATV plug wrench solution would be popular among XR4 owners. Finding the right wrench is a beach :dirtdog:

:thumbup:

I like it. I've got to shake it down and see what it needs.

It's a 98. And I know you are the guys to ask.
I plan to tag it with the DS stuff. Maybe let Jr ride it on the street.
Bruce