I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Openhouse & KTM Demos at JTs, Sat April 3rd

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Kath

Re: Openhouse & KTM Demos at JTs, Sat April 3rd

Post by Kath »

Sounds like you guys had a good time....sorry I missed the demo'ing. I would've been curious to see if there existed a KTM on which my feet could reach the ground. :ride:
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mtd679 »

Bucho wrote:I would have really like to ride one of those 690s, either the SMC or enduro.
Is it true they aren't paint shakers like the older LC4 engines?

I road the SMC and have got to agree with Patrick about the top end. My hands got numb pretty quick. I've also got to agree with him about the "old slow guy". Ken was flying through those back roads.
bunch of bike I don't ride...
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

code wrote: Later took the 350 out for a jaunt.....
The warm temps & sun comes out and so does the want to go fast..... Be safe. Tired of statistics! :thumbup:
How you liking that 350 Joe? I have fond memories of my old DR350. I used it as my winter commuter, before putting on knobbies and having my first real go at dirtbiking that spring. I remember that bike feeling super light and feathery compared to the R1150GS I had at the time. Just be careful, the 350 was also the bike that I cartwheeled and broke my collarbone on...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Speaking of 350s, we found out yesterday that KTM is coming out with a 350 4-stroke. Apparently this is old news for the pure orange drinkers.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/web_e ... index.html

"350 SX-F sports fuel injection, a linkage rear suspension system"

too bad it is a MX bike
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

350 is a blast. I thought I had made a mistake buying it several days after the initial purchase, just because I couldn't get the DAMN thing to start (first kickstart bike). The back of my right leg was killing me up til this past friday. Yesterday I started it up and my leg seems to of figured out that the muscles and tendons that have never been used are going to be from now on :lol2:

As for the ride...it's a hell of a lot faster then the xt kath has, ergo's seem great and am really surprised how it handled on rt.70, and rt100 on thursdays ride to work. Gonna try it out on some gravel / dirt stuff tuesday hopefully to complete the review :thumbup:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:Sounds like you guys had a good time....sorry I missed the demo'ing. I would've been curious to see if there existed a KTM on which my feet could reach the ground. :ride:
hmmmm.... good question...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

Kyler wrote: I had a great day. I met a lot of new folks very interested in DAMN Riders so hopefully we'll have some new faces!
was nice to meet you too!

I was there looking at the 990 SM-T as a possible replacement for my Cagiva Gran Canyon and I am pretty happy with the idea, although I thought the suspension was pretty pogo-ey...I am sure that can be adjusted to a vast degree.
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
Louge

Post by Louge »

zooom wrote:
Kyler wrote: I had a great day. I met a lot of new folks very interested in DAMN Riders so hopefully we'll have some new faces!
was nice to meet you too!

I was there looking at the 990 SM-T as a possible replacement for my Cagiva Gran Canyon and I am pretty happy with the idea, although I thought the suspension was pretty pogo-ey...I am sure that can be adjusted to a vast degree.
The 9X0s are delivered with way too soft front springs and a rear spring speced for two-up packed riding ... hence the pogoing in stock trim.

Superplush can sort it out for a reasonable price.
http://www.superplushsuspension.com/
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

code wrote:350 is a blast. I thought I had made a mistake buying it several days after the initial purchase, just because I couldn't get the DAMN thing to start (first kickstart bike). The back of my right leg was killing me up til this past friday. Yesterday I started it up and my leg seems to of figured out that the muscles and tendons that have never been used are going to be from now on :lol2:

As for the ride...it's a hell of a lot faster then the xt kath has, ergo's seem great and am really surprised how it handled on rt.70, and rt100 on thursdays ride to work. Gonna try it out on some gravel / dirt stuff tuesday hopefully to complete the review :thumbup:

odd fact... In the inner harbor this past week... It seem the baltimore popo use the dr350se as a city bike....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

hondahawkrider wrote:
code wrote:350 is a blast. I thought I had made a mistake buying it several days after the initial purchase, just because I couldn't get the DAMN thing to start (first kickstart bike). The back of my right leg was killing me up til this past friday. Yesterday I started it up and my leg seems to of figured out that the muscles and tendons that have never been used are going to be from now on :lol2:

odd fact... In the inner harbor this past week... It seem the baltimore popo use the dr350se as a city bike....
here's another odd fact... the popo would never use a kickstart bike, so it had to be electric start cuz their donut eatin' asses can't handle the kick (this pertains to baltimore popo, not montgomery :poser: )