I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hold my beer and watch this.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Hold my beer and watch this.

Post by XRAnimal »

Not sure if I should post this under the Creek Crossing or here :lol2: Below is a video of me and my sister getting in over our heads... almost :screwy: Sure glad we didn't make the evening news.

This is the only road in or out of the small DE beach that my Dad lives on. We made a run for it because there was a concern we'd be stranded. Had we known how quickly the conditions went down hill, we would have stayed put.

There was no beer injested or harmed in this video. :thumbup:

XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
Nocturnal XR

Re: Hold my beer and watch this.

Post by Nocturnal XR »

WOW!! :screwy:

I am glad it all worked out...... :thumbup:

But, save some action for the XR.... :roost:
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

Just heard from my dad that the local news got hold of the video. Not sure what to think about that.

The area has been battling the gov and enviro's to get the dune breach fixed which is the cause the flooding (back waters are being filled by the DE Bay), and the road damage repaired.
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

Is that saltwater? Wash underneath your truck thoroughly if it was. Unbelievable.
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

FourStroke wrote:Is that saltwater? Wash underneath your truck thoroughly if it was. Unbelievable.
yes & yes :dry:
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Holy shit! Glad you made it out.
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

XRAnimal wrote:Not sure if I should post this under the Creek Crossing or here :lol2: Below is a video of me and my sister getting in over our heads... almost :screwy: Sure glad we didn't make the evening news.

This is the only road in or out of the small DE beach that my Dad lives on. We made a run for it because there was a concern we'd be stranded. Had we known how quickly the conditions went down hill, we would have stayed put.

Broadkill? Slaughter Beach?

Woodland perhaps?
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

jxs2151 wrote:
XRAnimal wrote:Not sure if I should post this under the Creek Crossing or here :lol2: Below is a video of me and my sister getting in over our heads... almost :screwy: Sure glad we didn't make the evening news.

Woodland perhaps?
right between the two... Primehook. Apparently you know the area
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

XRAnimal wrote:
jxs2151 wrote:

Woodland perhaps?
right between the two... Primehook. Apparently you know the area
Hah! I didn't mention Prime Hook because I thought: "Nobody really lives in Prime Hook." What is there, 40 houses on that whole 200 ft. spit of land :?:

I grew up in Georgetown, spent a lot of time in Broadkill and my Dad lives in Milford and owns land in Slaughter Beach, the civilized portion of the lower bay shore. :-)

Nice video BTW, that area is chronically flooded. I've gone screaming down some of those roads on my Triumph Sprint and saw what I thought was a mirage in the distance across the road. You know the rest of the story...