I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Rekluse z-start clutch

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Kris_Kris
DAMN n00b

Rekluse z-start clutch

Post by Kris_Kris »

I ordered a Rekluse clutch today for my BMW 650-X. The people at Starbucks said that I could ride (1) handed this way I would not spill my Moca Cream.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 746549509#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uhoU2dquVg This one is a KLR.

I will do a ride report once I have it installed.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Rekluse z-start clutch

Post by Rut Row »

:frustrated:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kris_Kris
DAMN n00b

Post by Kris_Kris »

Kyler wrote::frustrated:
I found a new trail for you Ken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlsXNAE ... re=related

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

You go first - I'll be right behind you :thumbup: if you don't see me when you look back, keep riding... I'll catch up... :salute:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

:thumbup: I love mine. For average everyday riding there's no advantage for me, but it really shines in the tight technical stuff, the stuff where you'd normally be constantly feathering the clutch.
Kris_Kris
DAMN n00b

Post by Kris_Kris »

Grady wrote::thumbup: I love mine. For average everyday riding there's no advantage for me, but it really shines in the tight technical stuff, the stuff where you'd normally be constantly feathering the clutch.
What is the life of the clutch? Does it wear out faster that the stock clutch?
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I haven't had mine long enough to know :shrug:
MAZMAN

Post by MAZMAN »

As far as the life of the Rekluse clutch, we have found it to be as good or better than stock. My son has raced a heavily modified Honda CRF302x for a few seasons, including a full season of the GNCC national series. Using the proper oil in the gearbox is critical to good plate life. In our case, Rotella T was the oil recommended by Rekluse, and it worked fine. When racing, we changed the oil every race and about every 3-4 rides when just screwing around. While this clutch is not for everyone ( mostly stubborn afraid of change types ) it can and will make your ride easier. No one in our group of riders/racers has ever decided not to run a Rekluse once they installed it and rode it enough to make an honest judgement. As he would tell you, "it's not the first 2 hours of the race that you really appreciate it, but the last hour when you are just dead and are exhausted that you know you would never give it up". In the snotty, muddy, single track or the nasty rocky uphills, that you realize that this is like cheating.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I have been contemplating putting one on the 200. After Sat at Shade, my arms were pumped after a complete loop. I can see how an auto clutch (especially) in a place like Shade would really save you alot of energy. I was gonna sell the 07 200 (very low hours) but think I will go another year on it and add a Rekluse for fun. Nice thing, you can always take it off and sell it separately to get a little more $$ when you upgrade rides.

I really want a 6 speed Husky WR300, so I think I will have to wait awhile for a new bike.........although dealers are blowing put the 09's right now....
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Firebolter wrote:I have been contemplating putting one on the 200. After Sat at Shade, my arms were pumped after a complete loop. I can see how an auto clutch (especially) in a place like Shade would really save you alot of energy. I was gonna sell the 07 200 (very low hours) but think I will go another year on it and add a Rekluse for fun. Nice thing, you can always take it off and sell it separately to get a little more $$ when you upgrade rides.

I really want a 6 speed Husky WR300, so I think I will have to wait awhile for a new bike.........although dealers are blowing put the 09's right now....
The 300 WR is still the same 5 speed as the 250.
The only blow out deals are on the 4-strokes that were replaced with complete new 2010 models.
Keep an eye on Cafe Husky, I have scene some good deals on the 300's posted.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr