I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WV dual sport Saturday May 15th (new info, first post)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: WV dual sport Saturday May 15th (new info, first post)

Post by Bucho »

Awesome ride, getting back eleven hours after we left w/ the pace we rode is approaching epic standards...
I can't say what was the best part. I enjoyed the first unpaved section of the day, it was a little rough and rocky. It was fun, but honestly I'm a little glad it was short.
Though it was slick, the dirtroad near the logging operation was lots of fun.
I did like the dirtroad that had a hillside/rock on our left and a dropoff (creek?) on our right, most of the inside turns to the right had white posts/markers. That was a great section.
I liked all the paved sections. W/ the exception of the last section back to Oakland, every road was filled w/ turns, dips, crests, sweepers, wheelie bumps, hairpins, ect...

I think my favorite moment of the day was the sheep stampede we started. I wish I could have gotten a pic or short video of that.

It was good to Dom back out there riding w/ us.
And the perseverance award goes to Jax. He stuck it out and finished the day on his BMW F650. The next morning, I tried pushing the bike and was shocked at how heavy it is! It feels like it should have that 800 twin motor.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

I have to say that the best part of the ride for me was the first 12 miles or so. Well, ok, that's all I did before popping the front tube. Instead of holding you guys up (I knew you were in for a long day anyway), I limped it back - which was a nice ride too - and then I head out to Barton. Good news, I was fresh for the trails and now all bikes are operational. It just wasn't my day I guess. I will definitely make it out there again.
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Looks like it was a great time aside from the casualties...thanks for the pics!
dc_Minnesota

Post by dc_Minnesota »

mdubya thanks for your hospitality and putting the ride together. i had a great time battling through the morning section. since i didn't how demanding the rest of the day was going to be, i knew i couldn't handle another 5 hours of muscling the 990 around if it was anything like the first half of the ride. joe, chris and i found some great roads on the way back to oakland though.

it was good meeting some new DAMN riders and seeing those i already know. look forward to riding with you all again.
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Nice to see the ones I know and meet the ones I didn't.
Thanks for the perseverance Award Bucho!! :thumbup:

Some of my pix:

My bike before:

During: "bad motorcycle"

After:

Gang O DAMN hooligans:

Look at the difference between Ken and my seat height! LOOKS LIKE A FRIKING FOOT!!!:

Scenery you already saw... :

A very happy DAMN good guy! :) thanks again mdub!:

hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Thanks to Mdubya for putting this on...

Great times...

No great catastrophies - some road side repairs were needed.... Biffer retired early after not getting his WR running and getting a flat on the DR... I felt bad that I didn't know he decided to bag- I had a patch kit and a electric pump - and I know at least one other person had a tube - we could gotten you back up and running :roost: .. I hate see anyone bag due to mechanical stuff - esp - if it can be fixed.... The GS repair was amazing...

I am still stoked about the route... Pr44/35 cr10 - roads that I have read about and put on the 777 ride (last year we didn't make it that far). I found out that I have ridden em before a few years back when RRob lead the Parson2cass route ... They were just as fun as I remembered and can't wait to hit em again on this year's 777.

We couldn't have had a nicer day...I am trully jealous of Mdub who lives so close to such roads..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

JaxObsessed wrote:Look at the difference between Ken and my seat height! LOOKS LIKE A FRIKING FOOT!!!:
Hey! I can't help it if you guys prefer riding pit bikes... :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:
JaxObsessed wrote:Look at the difference between Ken and my seat height! LOOKS LIKE A FRIKING FOOT!!!:
Hey! I can't help it if you guys prefer riding pit bikes... :harhar:
His bike is only a pit bike to someone who is as tall as big bird..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Man that looks like it was a great ride,I wish I had my bike back from the shop.I'm hoping by the end of the month to have it back,and get in on some of this fun.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

hondahawkrider wrote:.... The GS repair was amazing...

I am still stoked about the route... Pr44/35 cr10 - roads that I have read about and put on the 777 ride (last year we didn't make it that far). I found out that I have ridden em before a few years back when RRob lead the Parson2cass route ... They were just as fun as I remembered and can't wait to hit em again on this year's 777.

We couldn't have had a nicer day...I am trully jealous of Mdub who lives so close to such roads..
I couldn't agree more about the repair! It was all thanks to Dom and WindBlown. Those guys got me though that malfunction with EASE! The whole experience was enlightening. Thanks again guys. :thumbup:

Jason, I am IN LIKE FLYNN for the 777.1, oh heel yeh.