I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WV dual sport Saturday May 15th (new info, first post)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Re: WV dual sport Saturday May 15th (new info, first post)

Post by Pa_trailrider »

Had a good very good time I enjoyed the whole ride especially the twisty dirt roads. Got home at 10:00 with 295 miles on my ass little cold but still smiling. Thanks for a great ride :thumbup:
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
dom08
DAMN n00b

Post by dom08 »

Thanks to everyone, especially dubya for a spectacular day! Nice to see the familiar faces and meet the new ones. Sorry to bug out at Durbin. I left home @ 7:30am & returned 9:00pm with a dirty bike, a sore ass & over 400 miles on the clock.
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Bucho wrote:And the perseverance award goes to Jax. He stuck it out and finished the day on his BMW F650. The next morning, I tried pushing the bike and was shocked at how heavy it is! It feels like it should have that 800 twin motor.
+1 :thumbup: Jax da man on that ride. I just remember pulling up next to the bike watching smoking oil shooting out like a fire hose and yelling, "turn the motor off". Am sure that within a few more secs. his engine would've been toast. And the Macguyver enginutity of ya'll was great. And of course mad props to Mdub for routing it out and leading it. :thumbup:

Sorry we bugged out down early but I didn't want to chance it. Same :wallbash: frustrating feeling in the same leg that led me to the hospital the last time and it wasn't worth pushing it, although I felt pretty torn not continuing down to durbon with you all. Thanks to Chris and Phil for leading me back and Chris providing entertainment worth video taping as well. Still can't believe we didn't make a hospital visit following that (too many near misses within seconds :bow: ). Like everyone said, was great seeing the old faces along with some new. :thumbup:

Mike, I will be most definitely knocking on your door more on my visits up to my rents cabin in oakland to hit ya up for some more scenery. Had a blast on the ride, learned a lot from talking to biffer the night before too. Pretty much figured since his front tire blew, he'd wheelie on back into town :lol2: :roost: :lol2:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Dom and Darwin, you guys get some serious iron butt awards! :thumbup: It was great to have both of you along. :bow:

Joe, for sure let me know when you will be out this way. There is a ton of good riding closer in and plenty left to explore that I haven't even seen yet.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a great weekend. :cheers:

The Monday morning reality check was difficult to accept and it took me several hours to shift back into working stiff mode. :lol2:

Lastly, if anything can be said about the ride, I don't think anyone went home feeling that we didn't ride enough. Well, maybe Biffer.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
shift

Post by shift »

LONG LIVE LONG RIDES :thumbup:
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

mdubya wrote:Dom and Darwin, you guys get some serious iron butt awards! :thumbup: It was great to have both of you along. :bow:

Joe, for sure let me know when you will be out this way. There is a ton of good riding closer in and plenty left to explore that I haven't even seen yet.

The Monday morning reality check was difficult to accept and it took me several hours to shift back into working stiff mode. :lol2:

Lastly, if anything can be said about the ride, I don't think anyone went home feeling that we didn't ride enough. Well, maybe Biffer.
Eh, I got mine eventually and am actually kind of glad that I was fresh for Barton...it was hard enough as it was. I'll redeem my dual-sport self next time.
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

biffer99 wrote:
mdubya wrote:Dom and Darwin, you guys get some serious iron butt awards! :thumbup: It was great to have both of you along. :bow:

Eh, I got mine eventually and am actually kind of glad that I was fresh for Barton...it was hard enough as it was. I'll redeem my dual-sport self next time.
No doubt. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

biffer99 wrote:Eh, I got mine eventually and am actually kind of glad that I was fresh for Barton...it was hard enough as it was. I'll redeem my dual-sport self next time.
:huh: Hard?

You couldn't prove it the way you were screaming around Granville's! :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Better late than never (should be my user title!)? I am just getting around to downloading the shot from our ride and uploading to "the bucket".

It is a happy house when there are bikes and trucks all over the place!

Uhoh. Unscheduled stop. :nono: Nice place to stop, though. The sunwashed space in the trees behind Hondahawkrider is where we came from. Jax is still up there somewhere. Yellow road sign in the the trees to the right says "End County Maintenance". Red Oak Road, lovingly called Red Neck Road by yours truly.

DAMN

There were more than a few DR bikes on this ride.

Requisite shot from Bickle Knob overlook

Phil says, "why you breathing so hard?"

Bucho

not Shift

views from the tower

DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks for the pics Mike. Yeah, better late than never...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200