I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WV dual sport Saturday May 15th (new info, first post)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: WV dual sport Saturday May 15th (new info, first post)

Post by mdubya »

Finished way ahead of schedule tonight. Means I must have forgotten something. :shrug:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
shift

Post by shift »

ha -- i'm still rounding stuff up. no worries though. looking forward to meeting everyone and having fun tomorrow. :whoop:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Update,update. Hows the ride going. :lurker:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Thanks mdubya (you put on a great ride my friend) and all the DAMN riders who participated! I had a great ride, despite my bike deciding no longer had any use for it's oil! Thanks to Dom for the oil tank drain plug (a bolt from his KTM's pannier rack) and the 2 quarts of oil!
Pix Later. I don't have the wire to transfer from cam to puter.

DAMN good time for everybody except biffer who had 2 bikes that would not cooperate. I think he's gonna get over it fast today at Granvilles though, and he's gonna be the only one without monkey butt!! :harhar:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I want to thank everyone for coming out this weekend and joining me on my dual sport ride. I truly enjoy trying to share the fantastic riding i have out here with all of my moto buds.

We started the day at 10:00 AM (maybe delayed slightly) with 14 riders and ended the day at 9:00 PM with 8 riders. The weather cooperated fully. Other than a few very slight technical difficulties, the day was a complete success.

Rather than give a blow by blow account of the ride myself, I would appreciate hearing the thoughts and feedback of those on the ride. :lurker:

:roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost: :whoop:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I loved the first part of the ride. The rest was a lot of fun but the best for me was the first hour or so after we left Casa Mdubya.

Here's a link the few photos I took

http://kkyler.smugmug.com/Kens-Photos/M ... 2908_J8dcD

here's the best

There's just something about mdub and Red Bull...

just killer scenery everywhere! (when we were going slow enough to admire it)

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mica

Post by mica »

It was nice finally being able to meet and ride with some of you DAMN guys. I wasn't really 'feeling it' for a long a ride as you all took.

In part because I don't need to. I have forest service roads and the like out my backdoor that I can and do ride anytime. It's a great place to live for a motorcyclist, especially a dual sportin. So heading back with Code worked for me, well I could have stood a little more riding but it's all good. :ride:

Thanks for the hospitality. Though you all haul azz you are very good about waiting for the slower riders and it's appreciated.
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

I had a great time, even though it was very short. My leg wasn't getting along with the Thor brace/guard I had on it. I would have been in a lot of pain if I had continued on. It's a shame there wasn't a camera behind me through the logging section. It would have provided some entertainment. :rickey:

It was nice to put more faces with names. I did make my way to Barton later to join the fun at base camp. It took me that long to track down Chris. :thumbup:
windblown
DAMN n00b

Post by windblown »

A good multi surface ride with plenty of views and a great group to ride it with. Thanks for putting it together and letting me tag along! A few pics...

Me and Shifts bikes unloaded and ready for their first ride with D.A.M.N.

Field surgery: We need a transfusion here!

The group taking a break at the observation tower:

What devious plans are these two cooking up?

Chilling out as we wait for Hondahawkrider to finish doing some field repairs:

Wonder dog and his toys (Gulp, glad he was getting his fill with the one he had. LOL)

Long ASS day by the time we closed up the resturant and I got back home to the Shenandoah Valley.... I'll be keeping my eye open for the next one! :roost:
shift

Post by shift »

this was my first DAMN ride, and it was great meeting new people. lots of varying terrain -- nothing too tough, and a fun pace to keep it interesting. plenty of stops for gas, food and some resting. it was a perfect day for an all day ride. :cheers: