I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dualsport - Sunday August 8, 2010

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Michaux Dualsport - Sunday August 8, 2010

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote:You are pretty hardcore Skierd. I don't think too many of the guys ride their bikes to and from the events.
How about a guy who trailered his bike from Pasadina to my house in Hereford; just SO he could ride up to the event. Kenny (Zambro9), his buddy Brian and I were on 2 wheels by 6 AM Sunday morning and hit some sweet country roads getting to\from Michaux.

Skierd, I agree you are hardcore buddy; and you had us in distance by an extra 20 miles to get back to Towson from Hereford.... But, we did it ALL IN ONE DAY, almost 200 miles with a full Dual Sport ride thrown in the middle. My vote goes to Kenny and Brian. Maybe we need a new award; The "Golden Tuff Ass" award!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

You guys are hardcore too Jay.

I like to truck my bike in so I have the option of crashing out really hard and/or destroying my bike at some point during the day.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote:I like to truck my bike in so I have the option of crashing out really hard and/or destroying my bike at some point during the day.
Phil,

I hear ya, but usually that involves the same level of carnage being inflicted on ME as well as the bike; and I have been trying to avoid that lately as I get the "look" from the wife otherwise.....
401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan »

:loveit: easy peeze lemon squeeze that was the easiest option route they have done to date. :thumbup: and im not bitchin :frustrated: my knees needed a easy ride and they got it. we did all the options except second half :dirtdog: dawns bike got a second flat and the tube size was wrong :wallbash: and the sweeper was crying about us going out at 2pm so he did the sweep at 1:45 oh well we all had a great time :roost: good to see everyone and no wrecks made for a great day. see ya soon.
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Grady wrote:Shade is fun.
Shade is great!, I went back in late Mar with about 15 other guys. We stayed at Mountain Dale Farm which is 15 minutes from the trailhead. Awesome Farm with "houses" you rent with 1,2,3 beds/ rooms. They also have rooms for rent in the main house. BIG fresh farm breakfast served each morning. They have a fire pit with grill (even gave us the wood) and we cooked out in the evenings on their property.

Shade trail is right at 18 miles of solid single track for the most part. Lots of fun. Well marked.

You can read about it here.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_ca33.htm
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:
Grady wrote:Shade is fun.
Shade is great!, I went back in late Mar with about 15 other guys. We stayed at Mountain Dale Farm which is 15 minutes from the trailhead. Awesome Farm with "houses" you rent with 1,2,3 beds/ rooms. They also have rooms for rent in the main house. BIG fresh farm breakfast served each morning. They have a fire pit with grill (even gave us the wood) and we cooked out in the evenings on their property.

Shade trail is right at 18 miles of solid single track for the most part. Lots of fun. Well marked.

You can read about it here.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_ca33.htm
I was almost ready to go until I saw the video on the front page :salute:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

I had a good time, thanks Jay for letting us ride along with ya, I did have a really cool crash on option 6 or 7 when we got lost, my front brake lever got stuck on and locked up my front wheel,too bad nobody had it on film probably would have looked pretty kool, endoing a 650l at 30 mph :-o
401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan »

i agree ken looks like taskers gap meets single track :brows: . reads mostly expert is that the new word for rockhound :harhar: :peep: bad dreams of taskers relived. i pass too. :rickey:
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Good to see every one agin!! Had a great DAMN time. Thanks you Grady and Shane for hanging out and waiting for us. I had a good spill early, shook me up a good bit. I`m good tho!! That was a great ride, I think the last 2 options were the hardest. I was DAMN beat. Can`t wait for the next ride!!!
My carnage list:
Bent handel bars
broke trunsignal
Rip off license plate
Busted knee
Busted elbo
Great time :rickey: :rickey:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

Went with lesb and friend todd. we had a good time. Our take on the course . It was tamed down a lot from years past. Could have used more trail and a lot less road. The trail they did use was very good. loved the singletrack before lunch. we are planning to go to Hancock next year. anybody attend this weekend?