I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2010 DS Camping Trip 777 Ride (Part Deux) - July 17/18

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
JaxObsessed

Re: 2010 DS Camping Trip 777 Ride (Part Deux) - July 17/18

Post by JaxObsessed »

You're a good man Kyler. Hope Mrs. Kyler gets well soon.
Kath

Post by Kath »

Joe and I are home. Uploading pics now. We left Philip (dcminnesota), Drew (DCL) and Kathy (spotster) in Harper's Ferry, who were all headed home as well.
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Witnessed the "almost" golden snorkel right before kath and I crossed. Slight deciding factor on the route that her and I took thru the crossing. You'll understand when Chris uploads footage. :lol2: Great seein' everyone, meeting some new faces, and hangin' out at camp with you guys. So many people and such a large group, it was gonna be way too hard to ride with everyone. Passed and got passed by quite a few throughout sat. Sun. we went to the breakfast meetup spot and they were closed for gas and breakfast til later. So we headed down the way a bit further to get gas and then come back, but breakfast was right there as well and the girls wanted coffee :frustrated: :lol2: :peep: After eating there we loaded up and headed out. Good times riding back and awesome views. Toughest part of the entire trip I'd say was that road that was like riding on a pitched roof, didn't matter if you were on the left or right, it crowned so bad that you had to cross over periodically not to get thrown off a cliff or into a cliff side wall. If anyone had the 777 experience, I'd have to say that was Kathy (spotster).

Teaser pic from day2
Kath

Post by Kath »

Here's mine. I think Page 4 or thereabouts starts today's trip across the top of the mountain on Dolly Sods. LOVE LOVE LOVE it up there! Fun road and gorgeous vistas. I'm linking to the gallery because it's too many for me to put here.

http://kweber.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/D ... 6716_o4dRM

Thanks, Jason, for getting all of us together for this trip. I had a great time (minus Squirrel Gap Rd) lol.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

More carnage to report... seems Bucho was abandoned in his hour of need by Wingfixer... :amazon:

just rode off and left him there... :shrug:

this should mage ba good story... :lurker:

something about a flat tire, 21" tube into a 17" wheel... two flats ...

:lurker:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
dmar
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dmar »

About 650 miles total for me ! Got home about 6. Took off from petersburg at 2. One of the guys blew by me on I 81. Not sure who it was but he was packing heavy and was going about 90. Keep an eye out for a cecil county ride at the end of summer/early fall. I will help set up a good route that will include the c+d canal area. Now its time to rest.
06 klx250s(300)
04 fz6 sport tour
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

dmar wrote:One of the guys blew by me on I 81. Not sure who it was but he was packing heavy and was going about 90.
That would be me, running away from Bucho. Sorry dude, in my defense I did go back to look for him but he was hiding about 100 yards further back than I went. Who did you borrow the tube from, I have 3 spare 21 inchers thanks to a bike bandit screw up.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Just rolled in myself. Why so late?

Add another flat to the list.

Turns out the patch I put on Thursday decided not to hold anymore just as I was headed down the road towards Summit Point Raceway (and thankfully not 10min earlier when I was doing 75mph on I-81). Found out that I can get the axle nut loose with the motion pro combo 27mm wrench/tire spoon and get it tight enough not to move once under way. Also found out I am capable of patching a tube on the side of the road and getting it back in the tire and on the bike without holing it again, and that my little bicycle pump can indeed get a bead to seat without wearing me out. Also learned that my exhaust gets hot enough to melt skin, nice little second degree burn on my arm from some accidental contact while messing with the DAMN tire.

While fixing Bucho's (1st?) flat, we came up with another DAMN honoration: the Good Buddy award. Guess who's up for it? :amazon: :poser: :shrug:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

skierd wrote:Just rolled in myself. Why so late?

Add another flat to the list.

Turns out the patch I put on Thursday decided not to hold anymore just as I was headed down the road towards Summit Point Raceway (and thankfully not 10min earlier when I was doing 75mph on I-81). Found out that I can get the axle nut loose with the motion pro combo 27mm wrench/tire spoon and get it tight enough not to move once under way. Also found out I am capable of patching a tube on the side of the road and getting it back in the tire and on the bike without holing it again, and that my little bicycle pump can indeed get a bead to seat without wearing me out. Also learned that my exhaust gets hot enough to melt skin, nice little second degree burn on my arm from some accidental contact while messing with the DAMN tire.

While fixing Bucho's (1st?) flat, we came up with another DAMN honoration: the Good Buddy award. Guess who's up for it? :amazon: :poser: :shrug:
dAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmn... Sorry man....

Funnything was the group got off at the summit point exit and probably weren't too far behind you...

At the last minute - I decided to go a bit further north and cross at Sheppardstown bridge and drop down onto 340 near brunswick to avoid the racers/tubers/traffic backup that seems to happen on Sun

I gotta get me one of those stands...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

I took painful few pics - but here are the few I have

1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100