I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BMW G650GS Farkle

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
FOX8505

BMW G650GS Farkle

Post by FOX8505 »

I've added a tall windshield by Ztechnik. It's the touring V-stream shield. Took 11 weeks to arrive, and 2 minutes to install. Pictures below. Haven't field tested yet.

B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Re: BMW G650GS Farkle

Post by B DIRT »

Dude bikes looking good man :thumbup:

I think I would have killed myself waiting that long on the windscreen :rant:

Not many Bimmer guys here but Im a parts bitch for the autos and if you ever need anything in the way of a micro fiche or part number for your bike let me know, I can even check availability and price but cant order... sorry... used to be able to.... :fitz:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

looks like the new screen fits over the old one? no?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

That's a great lookin bike man! :sheep:
How does the new screen work? Any buffeting or smacking?
The Ermax I have is a nice screen BUT, I really don't like the way it attaches to the bike. It's attached to 3 of the machine screws holding the grey turn signal plastic on. Really brittle too.... busted a corner off while working on the bike. I would much rather a screen that attaches to the 4 screws on the top of the headlight housing. Sounds like your new one does this.
Enjoy.. :ride:

FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

B DIRT wrote:Dude bikes looking good man :thumbup:

I think I would have killed myself waiting that long on the windscreen :rant:

Not many Bimmer guys here but Im a parts bitch for the autos and if you ever need anything in the way of a micro fiche or part number for your bike let me know, I can even check availability and price but cant order... sorry... used to be able to.... :fitz:
Thanks for the offer, I'll deff keep that in mind.
The long wait was brutal and I'm not to happy about it, but out of all the shields available for the GS bikes this is the one that met my needs best.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

Kyler wrote:looks like the new screen fits over the old one? no?
Nope, old screen comes off and this bolts up using the same (4) mounting points. the old screen is to be fitted onto my Kymco scooter. Figured why not?
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

JaxObsessed wrote:That's a great lookin bike man! :sheep:
How does the new screen work? Any buffeting or smacking?
The Ermax I have is a nice screen BUT, I really don't like the way it attaches to the bike. It's attached to 3 of the machine screws holding the grey turn signal plastic on. Really brittle too.... busted a corner off while working on the bike. I would much rather a screen that attaches to the 4 screws on the top of the headlight housing. Sounds like your new one does this.
specs here http://shop.ztechnik.com/cgi-bin/ztech/ ... del=bm-077

I have not had it out on a test ride yet. Just got the new shield mounted up last night and won't have free time to ride till at least next week :wallbash:

It mounts using the same (4) points from the OEM screen.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Yo Fox you riding that badboy to the DAMN campout?
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

B DIRT wrote:Yo Fox you riding that badboy to the DAMN campout?
I will not be able to join this year. I'm actually getting married in Negril on april 28th and return May 11th. It is unfortunate that I'll miss the event, although I am stoked about the wedding, honeymoon, vacation, time away from work, change of climate... etc. and last year while vacationing in Jamaica I managed to hunt down some XR650L's for rent, and I've already been given clearence for a dualsport adventure. :rickey:
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Let us know how the new screen works when you get a chance. I'm always in the market.

Congrats on the UM...goin to Jamaca and riding!! :poser: :thumbup:

FOX8505 wrote:
B DIRT wrote:Yo Fox you riding that badboy to the DAMN campout?
I will not be able to join this year. I'm actually getting married in Negril on april 28th and return May 11th. It is unfortunate that I'll miss the event, although I am stoked about the wedding, honeymoon, vacation, time away from work, change of climate... etc. and last year while vacationing in Jamaica I managed to hunt down some XR650L's for rent, and I've already been given clearence for a dualsport adventure. :rickey: