south jersey dualsport

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Re: south jersey dualsport

Post by trialsrider »

Here is an interesting note about NJ that I was unaware of. Leaving Sunday, I pulled back on to 70 to head back to 295, I called my wife to let her know I am on my way home. 2 minutes later a policeman who was hiding off the road pulls me over. I am like what are you pulling me over for, not doing the speed limit? :angel: He says, do you know that it’s Illegal to use a cell phone while driving. No I didn't. :shrug: Next he asked me for License, registration, and insurance card. I give him all three; he sees my insurance card is one week out of date and I don't have the new one with me. He says, you know I am suppose to take you directly to jail and you will need to pay $180 to be released. :deal: I am like, ummm..... :huh: Off to the car he goes to check me out. He comes back after checking to see if I have ever done anything wrong, I think back as far as maybe when I was 1 year old; he was a fast typer, I think. He comes back to my car and says I going to give you a pass on the outdated insurance card, but you better not do it again in the state of NJ :nono:, but I am going to ticket you for using a cell phone. I am like thanks :fitz:

So today, I call because I can't figure out what the fine amount is I need to pay. She says $130. I ask, are there signs posted on the road about this law? She says no, but you are responsible for knowing the laws of NJ when traveling in NJ. Note to self, consult with attorney before traveling out of state to familize yourself with the laws of all states I will be traveling in. I ask is there any appeals process. Yes, she says, you can come to court in NJ. Thanks :frustrated:

It still was a great ride.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

trialsrider wrote:Here is an interesting note about NJ that I was unaware of. Leaving Sunday, I pulled back on to 70 to head back to 295, I called my wife to let her know I am on my way home. 2 minutes later a policeman who was hiding off the road pulls me over. I am like what are you pulling me over for, not doing the speed limit? :angel: He says, do you know that it’s Illegal to use a cell phone while driving. No I didn't. :shrug: Next he asked me for License, registration, and insurance card. I give him all three; he sees my insurance card is one week out of date and I don't have the new one with me. He says, you know I am suppose to take you directly to jail and you will need to pay $180 to be released. :deal: I am like, ummm..... :huh: Off to the car he goes to check me out. He comes back after checking to see if I have ever done anything wrong, I think back as far as maybe when I was 1 year old; he was a fast typer, I think. He comes back to my car and says I going to give you a pass on the outdated insurance card, but you better not do it again in the state of NJ :nono:, but I am going to ticket you for using a cell phone. I am like thanks :fitz:

So today, I call because I can't figure out what the fine amount is I need to pay. She says $130. I ask, are there signs posted on the road about this law? She says no, but you are responsible for knowing the laws of NJ when traveling in NJ. Note to self, consult with attorney before traveling out of state to familize yourself with the laws of all states I will be traveling in. I ask is there any appeals process. Yes, she says, you can come to court in NJ. Thanks :frustrated:

It still was a great ride.
I wonder what a judge would do if you appealed it - you might get $1 plus costs - then find out court costs are $200!!! :wallbash:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

Sorry to hear about your ticket. I know a guy that got a cell phone ticket in 2004 or so. It was $40.

I bought a Raptor 660 & drove up to pick it up - got lost & the guy drove out to meet me. We were talking on cell phones with directions & he got pulled over.

I totally forgot about it. We were talking on ours driving home also. It's not worth the trouble of fighting it. I got a ticket coming home from riding in Woodstown, NJ years ago. Cop was a total Jerk. I think they see our out of state tags & now you won't make the trip back to fight it. It's easy money for them!
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Thanks for the videos! :roost:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Kath

Post by Kath »

You all need to invest in some 30.00 bluetooth sets for your cell phones. sheesh. lol

I knew about the Jersey thing (it's the same in NY too I believe). The handsfree is also coming to Maryland in the future, mark my word. I got warned about it in NJ by the toll collector when I passed through one of the booths on my way back home from up there. I was only holding it in my hand and not talking on it at the time, but he let me know about the law.
401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan »

HEY SALLY DOG CHRIS. i really enjoyed the ENDURO RIDE :hi5: we would like to come up and ride the course sometime soon :roost: :whoop: if you could ride with us and sweet talk the club into letting us ride there grounds and get an ok from the rangers. :bow: DAWN was sick and i really wanted to do the course with her and i think dave would go too . :freakey: let me know if you can get us some invites to ride your stomping grounds again :deal: i really liked the ride. :thumbup: :rickey: :whoop: :knary: minus the 3 mud ponds and one or two whoops :harhar: :lol2: :bull: :beathorse: there were only a couple of them right :poser: :brows: :harhar: :lol2: . hope to see you at michaux in august. :hi5:
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Post by sallydog »

401dan wrote:HEY SALLY DOG CHRIS. i really enjoyed the ENDURO RIDE :hi5: we would like to come up and ride the course sometime soon :roost: :whoop: if you could ride with us and sweet talk the club into letting us ride there grounds and get an ok from the rangers. :bow: DAWN was sick and i really wanted to do the course with her and i think dave would go too . :freakey: let me know if you can get us some invites to ride your stomping grounds again :deal: i really liked the ride. :thumbup: :rickey: :whoop: :knary: minus the 3 mud ponds and one or two whoops :harhar: :lol2: :bull: :beathorse: there were only a couple of them right :poser: :brows: :harhar: :lol2: . hope to see you at michaux in august. :hi5:
put together a weekend in aug and we can camp down by bATsto. $1 a night, primative. i will do 2 all day rides that will send you home tired. less whoops.....

cant do michaux, i will be doing that badass quarry run in hancock.
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK