5th Annual DAMN Reunion! April 29 - May 1 (if not closed!)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 5th Annual DAMN Reunion! April 29 - May 1 (if not closed

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:This is from the DNR website. I doubt it will reopen the following week in time for us.
Currently the Poplar Lick Savage River State Forest in Garrett County and Chandler Trails in the Pocomoke State Forest, in Worcester County will remain closed. To accommodate existing reservations previously secured by riders and campers, the Green Ridge State Forest trail will open April 1 and remain open through April 23; the trail will then close on April 24,and remain closed pending the results of the upcoming forest certification audit.
From Mountain Ridge's site
Mountain Ridge Atv Trails will be OPENING for the 2011 Season on Sat MAY 7th. We will only be open on Sat & Suns in May, until Memorial Weekend. Then our regular hours will begin. Season Passes are now available. THe 2011 SEASON will run MAY 7th thru Oct 30th 2011. Hope to see you at the mountain.
They open Mother's Day weekend - would be DAMN hard to get off that weekend.

I vote we find another place first, then cancel. I really don't want them to be able to say "see, we closed it and they still came!"
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I might be camping w/ the family at Greenridge that weekend anyway. If the reunion is there so much the better, but I'd understand if the collective wants to go somewhere w/ more then just dirtroads to ride.

Mountain Ridge is a fun place to ride, though I couldn't make Mother's Day weekend either.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

LooseScrew has been talking with Mountain Ridge ATV Park. They would open just for us on 4/30 (Friday) and we essentially would have the place to ourselves the entire weekend.
Loosescrew wrote:They will open for us Fri. to set up camp and fill out waivers. She can't be there until 5:00- 5:30 PM for the paperwork and there is no riding after 7:00. So we may not get any riding in until Sat. morning.Also they need a 50 person guarantee.
If we post on ADV Rider, I think we would easily get the required 50 people. To do that though, would require us to make a commitment soon.

Thoughts?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Kyler wrote:LooseScrew has been talking with Mountain Ridge ATV Park. They would open just for us on 4/30 (Friday) and we essentially would have the place to ourselves the entire weekend.
Loosescrew wrote:They will open for us Fri. to set up camp and fill out waivers. She can't be there until 5:00- 5:30 PM for the paperwork and there is no riding after 7:00. So we may not get any riding in until Sat. morning.Also they need a 50 person guarantee.
If we post on ADV Rider, I think we would easily get the required 50 people. To do that though, would require us to make a commitment soon.

Thoughts?
I say do it. Can we get 50 confirmed in a week?
Throw it on ADV- NE and South regionals. Mtn Ridge can easily handle the numbers, plenty of space.

Cost? I remember them as being very reasonable for groups.
What is the distance for the B-more area guys?
Bruce
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Holy smoke! Get a price and lets see what we can do. Mountain Ridge to ourselves for a weekend? :roost:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

So do they really need 50 person guarantee or payment for 50 people from a bunch of DAMN people?
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

In for Mtn.Ridge
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Ovo wrote:So do they really need 50 person guarantee or payment for 50 people from a bunch of DAMN people?
$$$ is what is important
Ken
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
Ovo wrote:So do they really need 50 person guarantee or payment for 50 people from a bunch of DAMN people?
$$$ is what is important
How much do we need to secure it? I am good for $100.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Post by Loosescrew »

Mt. Ridge prices:
15.00 per person per day
25.00 camp site with hook-ups( per night )
15.00 (& probably will do better)primitive sites (per night)
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike