Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Re: Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Post by Daves08excr »

Well it's 6:50am everythings ready to go for today bikes out front waiting for me. I'm waiting to here from 401dan at 7:00 then out to the gas station to meet the other guys for the ride out. See everyone soon
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Kath

Post by Kath »

It's coooooooollllllllllllldddddddd!!!!! Dammit! :rant:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Kath wrote:It's coooooooollllllllllllldddddddd!!!!! Dammit! :rant:
:boohoo:

us woosies like to trailer on cold days :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
John Go

Post by John Go »

It's warming up quickly. See you in an hour.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

We had a big turn out today, nice job and thanks to Kyler!
Nice to finally meet a few people and see some old familiar faces. I still have quite a few people to meet and names to remember, it was a big group.
I had fun today w/ a small band of riders running fearlessly in the sweep position. Tim mounted on the bright green Kawaka Veryses, Patrick on his blue DRZ400, and Leo on a trusty 90's KTM 620 all accompanied me.
We found a random guy fishing in the Watershed in one of the creeks. He had left his red KLR650 on the side of the road. We stopped to make sure he was okay and/or not park of our group ride. He must have just got there b/c he didn't see the other 20-30 guys coming through before us.
We went out of the watershed and blitzed some curvy pavement before hitting the last couple of dirtroads before getting to the MainCup.

I hope everyone else had a good time, and the afternoon ride goes just as well.

Next time, I think we should do a dualsport ride starting at JT's and going up into Michaux. That could easily be a full day's ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

I was quite surprised at the turnout! We had close to 30 folks. Jim Palmer had coffee and donuts for us plus gave us 15% of purchases! :loveit: I noticed a few people stocking up on totally unnecessary motorcycle goodies :brows:

I was a bit cool in the morning but warmed up nicely. We had 3 basic groups with Bucho's group as sweep.

The n00bs enjoyed the creek crossing.

and the Main Cup was a great place to gather for beers and food. :eats: :kbasa: :cheers:

and I'm told that was a hot chocolate - sure looks like and ice cream sundae to me! Hi Kath!

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kath

Post by Kath »

Well it took some digging through the mountain of whipped cream but there was hot chocolate under there. lol

I had a super great time today guys. Thanks for making me feel welcomed and I hope I didn't bore anyone too much that was stuck behind me. :ride:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I had a great time also! Paul and i ran that afternoon loop and I want to bring the big tard back for those roads! I didn't get a chance to thank the person who brought my jersey, but THANKS!

Bill
Lots of cool bikes---
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

What a DAMN good time!! The group I was in (led by Jed) took a cool detour right off the bat. Stopped for someone's lost tool kit, joined a different group, and had a great lunch. BTW - who's the rider with a hi-viz vest and white hand-guards I saw around 3:45 on Clarksburg Rd crossing Little Seneca Lake? Local? PM me.

I'll have to work on linking up a similar ride in Montgomery County.

PS: Awesome jerseys! Can't wait till it's warm enough to flood the streets with DAMN # 1's. Should be comedic.
Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Noobie reporting in: DAMN great ride. Suburban Bethesda doesn't give my ride much chance to taste dirt. I hope the green KLR wasn't slowing anyone down too much.

Shout out to everyone who organized, catered, and led the FNGs through a creek crossing. Thanks a million,
Carl