Shade Mtn- Sat 3/31

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
waserman
DAMN Expert

Re: Shade Mtn- Sat 3/31

Post by waserman »

Damage Inc. wrote:I'm going up this Friday, weather permitting..never been. Are the trails marked or is it just open woods?
If you are still considering going next Friday weather permitting I may be up for that. I've never been there either, got about the same distance as you but I'm coming out of Delaware. If we could push time time back a little I'm not sure what traffic is like coming by Harrisburg via I-283,I-83N,81S to 22/322 around 8-8:30 am in the morning. I'll keep an eye on here to see what the weather brings for Friday, looks like their calling for showers as of today. The following weekend I have club comitments at the C&D canal so I can't make that.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I will try to be there around 0730. I figued I ride the roads to get a feel for the area then hit the easy trails for awhile. But I can head back to my truck whenever you can get there. Weather looks OK for Fri....but I'll keep checking. I just about always ride alone and I have learned my limitations..

<<
When did I become a DAMN expert
<<
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Damage Inc. wrote:I will try to be there around 0730. I figued I ride the roads to get a feel for the area then hit the easy trails for awhile. But I can head back to my truck whenever you can get there. Weather looks OK for Fri....but I'll keep checking. I just about always ride alone and I have learned my limitations..

<<
When did I become a DAMN expert
<<
Not sure what you are expecting but Shade Mountain is nothing but some enduro single track across the top of a rocky mountain.
No roads to ride or warm up easy trails.
If you have ridden the 7-mountains dual sport, well Shade is about the same as the options on the 7-mountains ride.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I was refering to the paved roads.
Why don't you call in sick and meet me up there....sure would be nice to have a ridding buddy that knows his way around...
'06 VTX1300r
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Damage Inc. wrote:I was refering to the paved roads.
Why don't you call in sick and meet me up there....sure would be nice to have a ridding buddy that knows his way around...
Would love to but tight on free vacation this year.
PM me your email and I will get you a map.
Sorry about the misunderstanding, just did not want you thinking the trials were groomed :whoop:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Magilla400

Post by Magilla400 »

If you're looking for an area that's a lot more open, you can try the RAC area up by Treverton. Much larger area and most of it is accessible via the equipment roads, but there are some awesome areas for hill climbs and coal hill play grounds. It's about the same distance from Harrisburg as Shade, just on the eastern side of the Susquahanna.
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Where do you have to go to get the permit for RAC, by Fri. I want to go there too. If I can find a buddy I'll go there.
'06 VTX1300r
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Damage Inc. wrote:Where do you have to go to get the permit for RAC, by Fri. I want to go there too. If I can find a buddy I'll go there.
If going Friday you just need to walk into the main office with your money and info and you are good to go. Check the web link for the office address where you need to go.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Regrettably, I have to bail on this ride (Sat 3/31). I just found out I have to have surgery on Tuesday and I will be out for 4 to 6 weeks. My only hope at this point is to be able to riding again by the time of the reunion.

Jay
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:Regrettably, I have to bail on this ride (Sat 3/31). I just found out I have to have surgery on Tuesday and I will be out for 4 to 6 weeks. My only hope at this point is to be able to riding again by the time of the reunion.

Jay
that doesn't sound like a vasectomy - more like castration!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris