ADV Eastern Rendezvous-report-sort of

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: ADV Eastern Rendezvous-report-sort of

Post by mdubya »

Not to speak too much for RRob, but this was a simple little low speed tip over. The conditions were challenging, but everyone else was tipping over at nearly zero MPH too. I think he may have been in an awkward position, but basically, his heel and ankle got trapped between the bike and a rock. His ride out on one leg was much more impressive than the crash itself.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

Dang Rob, I feel bad for you dude. I feel bad for me since I was going to do that HS with you in a few weeks. I guess this means you are out!!
Take care
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

If he doesn't make it? I think that I should get his Husky. He would've wanted it that way.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hard core, Rob. 25 miles of knarly trails/roads w/ a broken heel.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

A couple of cool spots on the Yanni trail ride:
Attachments
298768096_M3Pbf-M.jpg
298768096_M3Pbf-M.jpg (170.3 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
IMGP0127.jpg
IMGP0127.jpg (226.03 KiB) Viewed 4712 times
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

DAMN, RRob! You are one hard MoFo! I saw the pic on ADVrider of the damage. I'd be cryin for mommy.
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

...and to Restuckey I leave my SM610, wheelie it once for me. :thumbup:

Got back home last night after 48 hours in the hospital. After a five-star stay at Winchester Medical Center it almost sucks to be home. Seriously, that was the most luxurious and pampered two days I've had in my whole life. Big props to the staff and facility. They could not have made my stay any more comfortable. I think I might even have a crush on my nurse Ruby, but I can't forget about Stacey from Food Service and there was also aide Mary...

As far as prognosis, things are looking good. The overwelming primary concern was for infection. After two days of IV antibiotics the wound seems to be healing better than expected. The heel bone has three fractures but is stable and is not going to require surgery or even a cast. The doc says that by early next week the only thing I'll have on my foot is a band-aid. I won't be able to put any weight on my right heel for six weeks though.

My new ride should be here tomorrow. Much easier to use than crutches. I was having a good time terrorizing the hospital hallways on one. My smart ass wife said "Don't hit a rock on it!". I had to laugh, I thought that was a pretty good zinger.
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

I wish I could afford the all-terrain model. Kinda pricey at $700.

RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Bucho wrote:Hard core, Rob. 25 miles of knarly trails/roads w/ a broken heel.
Actually we were mostly through the first tough section when I had my tip over. My ride back to camp was really only about 15 miles of easy dirt roads and pavement. I should really get the "Clutz of the Month" award but at least I was able to get back to camp without messing up anyone elses ride too bad.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Good news! Welcome home. Six weeks should give you plenty of time to plan your comeback ride. :brows:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC