I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

trippin' on 2 wheels

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

trippin' on 2 wheels

Post by mdubya »

Late Saturday nite, early Sunday morning, I was having a fit of insomnia, so I sat up and flipped through the channels. I caught a pair of shows on SPEED I would never have seen otherwise. The shows were "Trippin' on 2 Wheels" and were Dennis Gage productions, the guy from "My Classic Car" with the handlebar mustashe. Each episode was an hour long. In the first one Dennis, his 17 year old son, and British moto-journalist Neal Bayley rode Moto Guzzis around Sicily for 4 days. Their experience was much like my own experiences in Italy; unbelievable roads, incredible beauty (both natural and man made), and saturated with almost incomprehensible history. My thoughts while watching were that I could move there and live there the rest of my life (and I might just, someday).

To be honest, the Sicily episode was so awesome, there could be no topping it. However, a second episode came on next where they (the same 3 guys) rode Aprilia Tuonos through the countryside of southern Spain. Even with rain as a constant weather companion, they saw some incredibly cool stuff in Spain too. Arguably as beautiful as the Sicily episode.

I had never heard of this show before. But my 2 moto trips to Italy have been 2 of my greatest experiences in my life and these shows transported me back to my own trips, and left me absolutely aching to get back to Europe for more moto adventure. I highly recommend searching for any episodes of this show and Tivo-ing them. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: trippin' on 2 wheels

Post by Bucho »

I caught those. They also did a trip through Scotland.

I've talked to people who have had good and bad experiences traveling in Europe. I think the only way I'd ever go to Europe would be on a bike. My brother-in-law is from Germany and rides. I'd like to ride the German Alps w/ him along as a translator/guide.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200