I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

gentle little trail ride

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: gentle little trail ride

Post by Bucho »

I enjoy some challenges and don't mind failing a hill climb/obstacle (or creek crosssing).
But that seems a little punishing. I was watching that Charlie Boorman video of him attempting the Dakar Rally. Some of those endless sand dunes also seemed alittle punishing.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I want to know what sick f_ck thought of the Erzburg race.

Yeah, I also had a good laugh at the SX comment.

Hmmmm. June 21. Calendar *looks* clear. :lol8:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:Maybe one of y'all will come with me to the Timberline, WV harescramble race on June 21. I'll enter and race (and struggle for sure) but I need someone to help me load the pieces onto the truck when its over. :deal:
I'd come be pit crew for you. Might be entertaining, plus give me some great stories to tell.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Hmmmm. June 21. Calendar *looks* clear. :lol8:
Oops, I got the date wrong. The Timberline race is actually Saturday, June 7th and then again on August 16th. They also have a complete schedule of about twenty other harescramble races in the same general area of WV. I've done the Timberline race 5 times on the four-wheeler but now I am "jonesing" hard to try it on the bike. It's a really good yet informal race series. No tech requirements at all. Genuine grassroots racing. All the info is here:

http://www.koontzpromotions.com

I'll start a new thread this evening...
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:I'd come be pit crew for you. Might be entertaining, plus give me some great stories to tell.
That would be fantastic. Thanks, Ken. Lots of action to see and plenty of eye candy. Plus the Timberline races are at the ski resort so the ammenities are nice. Even free chair lift rides to the top of the mountain.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:That would be fantastic. Thanks, Ken. Lots of action to see and plenty of eye candy. Plus the Timberline races are at the ski resort so the ammenities are nice. Even free chair lift rides to the top of the mountain.
I can do the 7th as well. Eye candy? Hmmm... I'll bring the camcorder... for recording your heroic race, of course! :harhar:

Keep me posted.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris