I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Takes Balls!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Takes Balls!

Post by Firebolter »

I sold my last sport bike probably 8 years ago now. My Aprilia was a hoot, had tons of power and was the best street bike I ever rode fast. Only a couple times did I ever get both wheels off the ground and never greater than 30-40 MPH over RR tracks and stuff like that- nice rises with a clear landing.

These guys, on a whole nother level! Good stuff-

Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Takes Balls!

Post by Bucho »

Ive never heard of that track before. Reminds me of pics from Isle of Man. Crazy guys. I wonder if they set up their suspension different for that track
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Ive been airborne racing the Shenandoah ckt at Summit Point - cars though. It's terrifying to commit to it.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Doing that on purpose is nuts. I used to ride with some sport bike guys then didn't get out with them for a few years. We used to take it easy until we got to the twist bits. Last time I rode with them they were going fast on the straights too. I was foolishly following them a bit over 100mph down a country road I'd never been on. Next thing I knew I was off the ground for what felt like 50'+. I split at the next opportunity and never went back out with them again.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

The NJMP Lightning track has arise referred to as the wheelie hill but it comes just before a 90 degree right-hander so no one is going fast enough there to get air on anything from the front wheel.

On the S1000RR, pretty easy to get the front wheel light on this scooter. In "Race" mode it would let the front wheel hover all the way down the main straight at Summit Point Main. I was too chicken to keep it pinned over the wheelie hill at NJMP.

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Barber has a blind uphill right hander on the backside and it is a commitment. Like you were saying Wes, front end comes right up as you crest it and then you can power wheelie all the way to the next corner. Barber was alot of fun and that Vtwin ROTAX is a hoot on the track. Sketchiest part of jumping a street bike is the lack of leverage on the clip ons (handlebars) when you land. So easy to turn into a tank slapper if you land wrong.

Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Buttonwillow in SoCal also has a wheelie bump that'll loft the front until you have to put it down for the Bus Stop. Lots of fun. Thunderhill has a hill that I don't remember the front actually coming up, but the front wheel would get super light and squirrelly as it was searching for traction as you were trying to keep it down and take the right hand bend on the back part of the hill to set up for the next turn. So fun!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:42 pm Barber has a blind uphill right hander on the backside and it is a commitment.
I did a two day California Superbike School at Barber for my level 3 & 4. I never did really unlock that portion of the track. That blind uphill with your vision full of chain link fence off to the left gave me pause.

My Barber photos:

The personal that's talking to me was an Australian champion and the school's head rider coach from down under. She was excellent as my on track coach there.

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

try that on a racing sidecar WOT. The monkey has to setup right at the top of the hill or you don't make the corner. :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris