I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Riders

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
John F
DAMN Expert

Michaux Riders

Post by John F »

Last Sunday I met up with about 15 riders from the Michaux Rider group on Facebook. The ride was led by Bill, and the bikes were all DS except for one rider on a Triumph Tiger and me on my R9T UGS. All told, we rode about 120 miles around Michaux, with 90 percent gravel and 1 improved trail. Stopped at a BBQ place for lunch. All in all it was a great day. If that type of riding is your thing, I highly recommend riding with these riders. Great group and a great ride.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Michaux Riders

Post by Bucho »

Sounds like a good time
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

How do you like your R9T riding it like a dual sport? I really like that bike but haven't figured out yet where it fits in my two wheel fun.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Ive ridden with them in the past. I know Michaux like the back of my hand and generally shun group rides, and avoid weekend rides. But in the past I have joined in. I think the groups now are waaaaay too big.
Bruce
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

The R9T did fine. I’m 5’6”, and wanted a lower and smaller ADV type bike that I could ride up to Michaux or whatever and ride forest roads. You’re welcome to try it. For anything that’s real DS, I have a Husky fe.

It was a big group, but I don’t know Michaux and just followed around and had a great time.
Motomofo
DAMN n00b

Post by Motomofo »

I have interest in riding the michaux area as I'm not too far from there now. Problem is, I don't have the proper bike for it. Nevertheless, I hope to explore it soon, once I get something more suitable running in the fall. I am planning to hit the annual DS there this weekend on the 2T.
WOODS.... :thumbup: