I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New AWD Transit coming

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: New AWD Transit coming

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:42 am
smdub wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:59 pm The tall roof Transit is TALL

When we were out west last year, I drove my Transit up a gnarly road to the top of a MTN where the trailhead was, in the dark no less. I had to go slow but it handled the rocks and stream crossings easily. It was dark and Mark and I missed the small sign nailed to a tree that said "no turn around-small rocky road"-it was a trip but gave me alot of confidence with the van and where I could take it! The rest of the guys stayed down at the bottom in a field (they saw the sign).
Yes, that was some “road”. We all rode our bikes up it that next morning. I was impressed your van got thru w/ minimal trouble.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

aai wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:08 am I like the Canoo’s version better.. still in the planning stages. These are micro sized vans, I’m assuming to get more smiles per miles, but definitely capable of towing or loading a bike on a rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I always liked the old late 80’s early 90’s version of the Delica. Those were cool. Have sort of “weekender” build and carry your dirtbike on a hitch hauler.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Ive only seen maybe a couple of those Delica vans in the wild Phil. Grew up with neighbors who had the 80s Toyota van. Nothing like the Delica but a party van regardless :lol2: Back in high school it was all about the chevy and ram vans. It did help one our Buddys mother had an upholstery business. We were rolling with button tufted velour interiors. Jenson 6x9s in the back lol
Canoo sealed a deal with Walmart of purchasing 5000 units so things might be heating up. I really like their utility van. Most of all, seems affordable of all the E-vehicles coming out.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

aai wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:56 pm Ive only seen maybe a couple of those Delica vans in the wild Phil. Grew up with neighbors who had the 80s Toyota van. Nothing like the Delica but a party van regardless :lol2: Back in high school it was all about the chevy and ram vans. It did help one our Buddys mother had an upholstery business. We were rolling with button tufted velour interiors. Jenson 6x9s in the back lol
Canoo sealed a deal with Walmart of purchasing 5000 units so things might be heating up. I really like their utility van. Most of all, seems affordable of all the E-vehicles coming out.
Must be a generational thing. In my high school days it was the VW Microbus. :)
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

The Cube for the win!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:49 am Yes, that was some “road”. We all rode our bikes up it that next morning. I was impressed your van got thru w/ minimal trouble.
I was even more impressed with Mark pulling his RV trailer up behind me! He stopped about 200 yards short of the top, it just got too gnarly. He had to do a 10 point turn to get that thing turned around in the one little field we managed to find off to the side-that was impressive!
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:17 am The Cube for the win!
As long as its capable of going to Idaho (and back!), Im down with it
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:33 pm As long as its capable of going to Idaho (and back!), Im down with it
The only state named after a cheating wife-That does sound fun.
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

That's some amazing photoshop skills! It almost makes it look like it could move under its own power!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

phoo wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:33 pm
That's some amazing photoshop skills! It almost makes it look like it could move under its own power!

~Patrick
You where there. :dirtdog:

:lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.