I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Desparation?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Desparation?

Post by Firebolter »

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/harley-dav ... otorcycles

I know they are hurting, but this is just kinda cheesy to me-
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Desparation?

Post by Wingfixer »

Some marketing genius thought it would sell bikes. :shrug:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:43 pm Some marketing genius thought it would sell bikes. :shrug:
HD in a nutshell :lol2:

I was working at Gettysburg BiKe Week yesterday. The stereotype is real :deal: Some real nice people but, dude :lol2:
Bruce
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

On the NEBDR we happened to catch Laconia bike wk in NH. Stereotype is VERY real. Thugh, we saw the most AMAZING set of apehangers ever! We were afraid to take pics. Dude had head tatoos. :killingme:

Heard a new joke while there:
Whats the difference between Harley and BMW gatherings?
Harley: different bikes, same rider
BMW: same bike, different riders
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

just paying homage to the bikes at a time when men were men :lol2: you know long before 50/50 or 70/30 tires and 300lb this 300lb that :thumbup:
https://www.rideapart.com/features/2475 ... s-of-wwii/
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Pretty amazing what guys used to do on the old bikes back in the day. I love to watch trials video's from Europe in the late 50's and early 60's. Those guys rode bikes that were heavy, under powered and not really designed for off road, but they made them work.

I rode a KE100 in an Enduro once in Kauai. My buddies thought I was a freaking idiot but when we got to the power line, that little 100 hooked up and was a blast to ride in the stuff. I didn't win, but I did finish and had an unreal sense of accomplishment I would not have felt on my 200KTM.
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Desparation?

Post by aai »

Yeah it’s amazing what they do in classic trials even today. Not so far back, the possibility of how many near death experiences Steve McQueen 24hrs would go thru racing flat out in the desert with the latest greatest drum brakes and mediocre lighting in the middle of the night. That said, I just ordered some 50/50 Motoz gps tires for better traction in high speed wet slab riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

My daughter and I dropped in Old Glory HD a few days ago to get her signed up for her motorcycle licensing course. When first approached by a young sales guy the first thing he wanted to tell us about was the military livery on new HD models and how cool he thought that was. I asked him if we could see one and he had no idea when they would be receiving new bikes since, according to him, HD just restarted the factory.

On the riding course, it's 3 days in August - one classroom day and two days in a parking lot doing maneuvers. I decided it would be fun to take the class with her so I'm signed up as well. They immediately started pestering us both with phone calls and emails about coming in before the training to get evaluated on their "Jump Start" bike by the instructors. After we scheduled that appointment they called no less than 4 times to make sure we were still coming in on that date and time to sit on their stationary bike even thought we'd informed them that we both ride. Turns out that was literally putting my daughter on their stationary Sportster for like a minute to show that she could crank it and run it through the gears and find neutral again. I get it - they probably get people who have never driven anything with a manual trans. But still, for us it was kinda a wasted hour or so.

I'm looking forward to watching Gracie take the licensing class and getting her M endorsement so she can do some Michaux and Bald Eagle dual-sport rides with me. We might be thinking of a BDR for when she graduates from HS next spring :)

Now I just have to find a dual sport that suits her short legs until she can learn to ride a taller bike.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:24 pm My daughter and I dropped in Old Glory HD a few days ago to get her signed up for her motorcycle licensing course. When first approached by a young sales guy the first thing he wanted to tell us about was the military livery on new HD models and how cool he thought that was. I asked him if we could see one and he had no idea when they would be receiving new bikes since, according to him, HD just restarted the factory.

On the riding course, it's 3 days in August - one classroom day and two days in a parking lot doing maneuvers. I decided it would be fun to take the class with her so I'm signed up as well. They immediately started pestering us both with phone calls and emails about coming in before the training to get evaluated on their "Jump Start" bike by the instructors. After we scheduled that appointment they called no less than 4 times to make sure we were still coming in on that date and time to sit on their stationary bike even thought we'd informed them that we both ride. Turns out that was literally putting my daughter on their stationary Sportster for like a minute to show that she could crank it and run it through the gears and find neutral again. I get it - they probably get people who have never driven anything with a manual trans. But still, for us it was kinda a wasted hour or so.

I'm looking forward to watching Gracie take the licensing class and getting her M endorsement so she can do some Michaux and Bald Eagle dual-sport rides with me. We might be thinking of a BDR for when she graduates from HS next spring :)

Now I just have to find a dual sport that suits her short legs until she can learn to ride a taller bike.

Interesting. A stationary bike that can be started and can shift thru the gears? I can see how that would be helpful for a complete noob. But yeah, your daughter can ride a dirtbike…
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:31 pm
Interesting. A stationary bike that can be started and can shift thru the gears? I can see how that would be helpful for a complete noob. But yeah, your daughter can ride a dirtbike…
Honestly, I think they're looking to capitalize on the opportunity to get you into the showroom to see if you'll fall in love with something you see there. I don't fault them for that. Doesn't every person holding a brand new motorcycle endorsement want a Harley and some leather logo clothes?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain