I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

My first bike I ever bought

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
motorider
DAMN n00b

Re: My first bike I ever bought

Post by motorider »

Bork wrote:My first & still have it. https://marblesmotors.com/content/uploa ... 100-17.jpg
2nd after a short while and then on our ping-pong table split the cases. What was I thinking? Anyhow got it back together & surprisingly it ran. https://cdn1.mecum.com/auctions/lv0119/ ... 7848656000
What year? That’s great that you still have it. Does it still run?
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Yes! It still runs great! I Keep it at my folks cabin in case of an emergency.(street legal) .
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
motorider
DAMN n00b

Post by motorider »

Cool!
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Not my first bike, but first bike I ever bought -- 1978 CB750K. The last year of the single overhead cam. I put a lot of miles on this bike (for the time), and took off all of the Vetter Windjammer tour stuff that was on it and made it a "standard UJM." I spent a lot of time in salvage yards to get parts to convert the front end and get a sissy bar and everything. Good times. I miss those days, climbing around old bikes looking for things. Then in the early 2000s those old bikes became worth more as scrap metal than as parts and they all disappeared.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I misspent my youth wrenching on all manner of things that hurt me or got me in trouble starting with things that were powered by Briggs & Stratton engines with centrifugal clutches. The first "motorcycle" I ever bought was with a summer of grass mowing money I bought a Honda Z50 that was a box of parts. Everything was there and I rode the snot out of that thing until I broke it actually in half in a long jump contest with my buddies who were riding 125s. I came down hard and broke the triple tree right off the frame and I landed like a dead cat. That Z50 was almost enough bike to put my 15 year old self in the serious hurt locker :)

Then there was the Honda XL125 that was indestructible. I know because I tried my DAMNedest to kill it. I low sided that one turning onto my street wearing shorts and a t-shirt. My mom made a point of telling me what she thought of me riding that motorcycle as she cleaned the asphalt out of my road rash that went from my shoulder to my ankle - with rubbing alcohol. I continued to ride that bike until I got married way too young.

Fun times that I wouldn't trade for anything.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
motorider
DAMN n00b

Post by motorider »

Twist wrote:I misspent my youth wrenching on all manner of things that hurt me or got me in trouble starting with things that were powered by Briggs & Stratton engines with centrifugal clutches. The first "motorcycle" I ever bought was with a summer of grass mowing money I bought a Honda Z50 that was a box of parts. Everything was there and I rode the snot out of that thing until I broke it actually in half in a long jump contest with my buddies who were riding 125s. I came down hard and broke the triple tree right off the frame and I landed like a dead cat. That Z50 was almost enough bike to put my 15 year old self in the serious hurt locker :)

Then there was the Honda XL125 that was indestructible. I know because I tried my DAMNedest to kill it. I low sided that one turning onto my street wearing shorts and a t-shirt. My mom made a point of telling me what she thought of me riding that motorcycle as she cleaned the asphalt out of my road rash that went from my shoulder to my ankle - with rubbing alcohol. I continued to ride that bike until I got married way too young.

Fun times that I wouldn't trade for anything.
LOL, sounds familiar… Have you ever tried to jump a go kart with no suspension? Yep that was me. I had go karts before I had the bikes. Also four wheelers (ATVs). My brothers and I were fearless, we jumped everything, it was great, some injuries but lots of fun.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I started on a 78 xr75, like the one below. We also bought an 80 cr80r that I didn't really like to ride. I preferred puttering around on the xr. :lol2: