I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dirt Roads are not always easier! Moab Day 2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Dirt Roads are not always easier! Moab Day 2

Post by Firebolter »

I shot a crap load of video on the last trip and I am still going through alot of it. When I watched these videos, I remember these sections well! DAMN road worked my old ass out! Funny how "roads" can be harder than trails sometimes. Love the 300 torque though, makes it alot easier with that Rekluse! This is Moab Day 2-Both days were fun but Day 2 was more of a workout. Alot more canyon time and big rocks.

Then about an hour or so later, we get to the hardest Jeep Road in Moab. Glad we were going down and not up! These are "roads" so when you look at a map, you have no idea what it is like till you get in it! Harder than most trails for sure. You can see the anchor points at most of the tops of the uphills for the jeep folks to use with their winches. We ran into a group going in as we were coming out.

Alot of this doesn't look too hard, but after 6 hours of it, continuous working and not alot of cruising, it works ya out. All I could think of was cold beer and eating dinner at this point! :cheers: Good stuff-Fun day

Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Dirt Roads are not always easier! Moab Day 2

Post by Boom Boom »

Looks like Bibs are mandatory....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice video. Love rewatching this stuff. Day 2 at Moab was really cool.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Bucho wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:43 am Nice video. Love rewatching this stuff. Day 2 at Moab was really cool.
Agreed! I was shaking my head while watching, "we rode that ****?!" :lol2:

Thanks for posting FB. keep em coming
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Glad you guys like them! Here's the two video's leading up to entering that canyon. Probably should have loaded them first!

Then the short bit of fun to get out to the road and eventually back to camp! I was caught off guard by the stair step at the end :lol2:

Then the cruise down the road into Moab and over the bridge as we are camping on the other side of the river. Look to the left and our camp is at the base of those rocks in the distance across the Colorado river, which you can't see but it is through those thickets on the left about 100 yards or so in.

Lots of cool bikes---