What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
smdub
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by smdub » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:41 pm

Got a lot of practice w/ the new plastic welder. Still need to trim it down and probably add 3 more bends to tuck the left side and the rear up against the bike more. But its almost 'done enough' to test. I need to order some longer bolts. Plus work out how to secure the front from flopping (probably drill and tap into the orig aluminum bracket as there is no room behind it for a nut.)
PXL_20210906_225459081_r640.jpg
PXL_20210906_225644046_r640.jpg
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 5887
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Bucho » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:28 am

That is nice work!
Yamaha WR250R
Beta Xtrainer
Sherco 290 trials

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 5887
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Bucho » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:00 pm

Earlier this week I was out at farm property clearing some downed trees. I had my dualsport bike with me and the rear rack is really sturdy. So I made use of it.
8BC3B222-8C65-4C79-902D-F56B131AA56B.jpeg
I wouldnt want to set off on a day ride like that. But not going too far and riding carefully it worked fairly well.
Yamaha WR250R
Beta Xtrainer
Sherco 290 trials

User avatar
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1976
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Firebolter » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:00 am

Bucho wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:00 pm
Earlier this week I was out at farm property clearing some downed trees. I had my dualsport bike with me and the rear rack is really sturdy. So I made use of it.

8BC3B222-8C65-4C79-902D-F56B131AA56B.jpeg

I wouldnt want to set off on a day ride like that. But not going too far and riding carefully it worked fairly well.
Fire that bitch up and add a small thumb throttle to the handlebars and DARE someone to follow you too close down hill!

I did start to prep the 5honey up for Hammer yesterday. time for some new tires. I am mixed on the 606's. While they were good for the pavement part of use, too hard on the off road. Might be a good tire for out west though.
Lots of cool bikes---

User avatar
J&J
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by J&J » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:35 am

Not so much what I've been working on but what I'm going to be working on. 1985 last carbureted 5.0, had one back in the day. Not so fast by todays standards but a blast to drive. This one is very original but needs paint work. It has zero rust and had seat covers on since new.

Image

Bork
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 am
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Bork » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:08 pm

Wow! That's a nice find! Find it locally from an old lady driving to church? How many miles on it?
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 5887
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Bucho » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:40 pm

J&J wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:35 am
Not so much what I've been working on but what I'm going to be working on. 1985 last carbureted 5.0, had one back in the day. Not so fast by todays standards but a blast to drive. This one is very original but needs paint work. It has zero rust and had seat covers on since new.

Image

Ha ha, you talked about trying to find a mustang quite abit while driving across Kansas. Glad you found one.
Yamaha WR250R
Beta Xtrainer
Sherco 290 trials

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Twist » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:30 am

Bucho wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:00 pm
Earlier this week I was out at farm property clearing some downed trees. I had my dualsport bike with me and the rear rack is really sturdy. So I made use of it.

8BC3B222-8C65-4C79-902D-F56B131AA56B.jpeg

I wouldnt want to set off on a day ride like that. But not going too far and riding carefully it worked fairly well.
Is this like "running with scissors?"

:killingme:
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
J&J
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by J&J » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:54 am

Bork wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:08 pm
Wow! That's a nice find! Find it locally from an old lady driving to church? How many miles on it?
The guy bought it from his uncle in 85 with 5,000 miles. Kept in his garage, it has 95,000 miles now. Paint was vandalized at some point so needs some time consuming work but I think I can bring it back. Not driven much lately so needs tune up, fluids changed, and generally just gone over. Everything works, ac car, drives tight. Interior is mostly like new and can be perfect with just a little work.

User avatar
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3945
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Wingfixer » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:02 pm

J&J wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:54 am
Bork wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:08 pm
Wow! That's a nice find! Find it locally from an old lady driving to church? How many miles on it?
The guy bought it from his uncle in 85 with 5,000 miles. Kept in his garage, it has 95,000 miles now. Paint was vandalized at some point so needs some time consuming work but I think I can bring it back. Not driven much lately so needs tune up, fluids changed, and generally just gone over. Everything works, ac car, drives tight. Interior is mostly like new and can be perfect with just a little work.
Nice score Bunches!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests