I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

29 May 2021 Underground Railroad adventure ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
darrell
DAMN n00b

29 May 2021 Underground Railroad adventure ride

Post by darrell »

I'm planning on during this adventure ride on 29, May 2021. The ride will start from Tuckahoe State Park 10am, this state park has no entrance fee. I named the ride "The Underground railroad adventure ride" because it covers many of the area's used by Harriet Tubman. The route covers a little over 200 miles of this scenic area of Maryland, and passes several of Harriet's land marks including the Underground Railroad National park, a nice stop for a snack The route also includes the ferry ride from Bellevue to Oxford which cost $7.00 one way for motorcycles. Should be a good six hour ride.

Darrell

Google
View directions of "The underground railroad adventure ride”

VIEW IN GOOGLE MAPS
You requested this link using "send to device" in Google Maps
“a true diamond in the rough”
John F
DAMN Expert

Re: 29 May 2021 Underground Railroad adventure ride

Post by John F »

Sorry, but I can’t find the right link. I’m interested, but gotta see if I have the right bike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Links not working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Sometimes when I just want to get away for a day ride I'll spend the day riding in the area Darrell is talking about. There's very little traffic and some nice flowing roads through farms and cute little towns going south from 404 toward Cambridge with a number of Underground Railroad and Harriett Tubman historic places. The jewel of the ride is a loop through the Blackwater Reserve down below Cambridge. It's a fun, twisty strip of nice pavement that winds its way through the blackwater swamps.

I've never explored the unpaved riding opportunities over in the area and would like to learn more. I'm not sure if I can get away that day for a ride but will join if I can.

Darrell, if you'd like to send me your route I'll be happy to load it up in a GPX file to get back out to the group. I already have one I can post that is the ride I described above that looks like this:

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Darrell sent me his google map route and I massaged it into Garmin Basecamp to create a GPX file. Darrell has the resulting GPX file now and can distribute it to anyone that wants it. The route, when loaded in your GPS, should look something like this:

It's not looking good for me to make this ride but I've ridden this part of the Eastern Shore many times and I think you guys will enjoy it.

Wes
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
darrell
DAMN n00b

Post by darrell »

Weather has 50% chance of rain with temps in mid 60s I still think we’re good. Plan is to meet at tuckahoe state park at the Cherry lane pavilion between 9-930 do a head count and start the ride at 10am. Should be good scenic 6 hour ride.
“a true diamond in the rough”
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I can't make this ride but would love the GPS tracks to check out later!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Is this all paved roads?
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:24 pm I can't make this ride but would love the GPS tracks to check out later!
The GPX file I sent to Darrell is a route vs a track file. I can convert it to a track if anyone is interested. Just PM me and I'll send it along.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BTW, apparently DNR bought the land at the tip of Black Walnut Point and the area is closed right now. I don't know what they are doing - tearing down the old B&B I suspect. My bride and I stayed in St Michael's last month and I drove down there.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris