I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Natchez Trace, Hill Country, Border Crisis Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
John F
DAMN Expert

Re: Natchez Trace, Hill Country, Border Crisis Ride

Post by John F »

Great ride report. Food looked awesome.

I live on KI and it'd be great to do your Eastern Shore loop. If you want to change routes a bit, you can head to Oxford on the way back from Trappe, take the ferry across the Tred, cut up to 33, and take the back way from St. Mike's to 50 (370 to 662 with maybe some stuff in between--nice ride).

Hoping to get together for a ride soon. My last street ride last week was from KI to Chestertown via 18 and 213. Nice ride.

John
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:45 pm
Twist wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:28 am I've just returned from a couple of weeks on my GS riding the Natchez Trace Parkway from Nashville to Natchez; then over through Texas Hill Country; down to check out the excitement at the border; and then back home again. I put up a ride report on ADVrider if anyone is interested:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-natc ... e.1493060/

I wish we'd had more time to spend in Hill Country - as much for sampling the BBQ as the riding :)
Nice adventure!

Are you saying the Three Sisters ride in TX is fine but not really anything special?

I guess it's a matter of perspective. It's a lovely place to ride with some nice scenery and dotted with interesting places. I see why it attracts riders as a destination but when you're used to strafing apexes in West Virginia down through Tennessee the sportiness of the roads is lacking. The road surface and many of the sight lines on the few bits that are "twisted" don't encourage riding at 8/10ths. There's quite a few miles of unpaved farm roads to ride but even those are long straight dusty treks so we didn't explore those. In that part of the country, the Ozarks in Arkansas are better roads than the Twisted Sisters. These roads seem more suited to the relaxed Harley cruiser crowd style ride. But hey, for roads that connect one good BBQ place to another, they're entertaining enough.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
darrell
DAMN n00b

Post by darrell »

I would be interested in the blackwater refuge, I’ve been putting together a ride starting from Tuckahoe State Park all backroads.
“a true diamond in the rough”