I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Post by Twist »

Preach it Rev. Bill!

Anything more than 4 - 5 bikes in a group is a parade.

I just wanna ride, man!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
T_Hersh
DAMN n00b

Post by T_Hersh »

I won't be camping that weekend but I'd still be down to ride from Thurmont only if someone doesn't mind me tagging along. If not it's cool I don't want to step on any toes.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

T_Hersh wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am I won't be camping that weekend but I'd still be down to ride from Thurmont only if someone doesn't mind me tagging along. If not it's cool I don't want to step on any toes.
Just show up at Sheetz around 8am, you'll see 5-10 or more guys. Introduce yourself and I am sure guys won't mind you grouping up with them. I'll be on my Red/White T7. I am sure we can find a small group for you to join in with. Just trying to avoid 20ish bike rolling out together. Want to stagger folks out and make sure people know who is in their group for head counts at stops and general safety etc.

Since this is a GPS/ADV ride, I won't wait at intersections for people, I'll follow the course unless one of my guys doesn't have a GPS or phone with it loaded.
Lots of cool bikes---
T_Hersh
DAMN n00b

Post by T_Hersh »

Sounds good, thanks.
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Sadly a class I’m taking for work just got in the way of this ride so I’m out. I took my name and my buddy who was gonna join off the camp list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I'll be looking to ride w/ someone. My friends are loosers and all bailed (Or they don't want to hang out w/ me? :lurker: )

BTW, someone should put this (and the DAMN reunion) in the calendar?
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

I'm in the same boat if you want to team up. We can also just wait and see how many people actually show up and figure it out at sheetz (giving you an easy out once you see the DR and want to go faster).

+1 for staggering. Not interested in a parade.
'06 DR 650
'81 GL500 (some assembly required)
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Good to see you guys actually hosting dual sport rides... was a sad time when the trials babble was more active than dual sport events.
Carry on................
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Im learning how to use gps/phone to follow tracks. This afternoon I went out and rode the beginning of the route we are going to follow. I didnt go too far into Michaux but I did find one gate closure. According to the sign on it, the gate will be closed when we do this next month.

Teaberry Rd is gated on both sides. If you backtrack on Cold Springs Rd just a short distance, you can take a right on Three Springs Road. This is a nice dirt road that parallels Teaberry and connects back up to the route.

Im sure you guys used to following tracks can reroute w/ minimal fuss. But I thought Id mention it anyway.

Obligatory pic from route. Carbaugh Reservoir
E89DC923-589F-43CE-AC1A-EBFF23CA4EAE.jpeg
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:12 pm Im learning how to use gps/phone to follow tracks. This afternoon I went out and rode the beginning of the route we are going to follow. I didnt go too far into Michaux but I did find one gate closure. According to the sign on it, the gate will be closed when we do this next month.

Teaberry Rd is gated on both sides. If you backtrack on Cold Springs Rd just a short distance, you can take a right on Three Springs Road. This is a nice dirt road that parallels Teaberry and connects back up to the route.

Im sure you guys used to following tracks can reroute w/ minimal fuss. But I thought Id mention it anyway.
Cool beans Phil. I'm glad that app is working for you.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain