I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

FRO possibly adding Single Track Only riding area

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

FRO possibly adding Single Track Only riding area

Post by Firebolter »

I got an email with a survey from FRO today. In that survey, they had this:

We are currently in the process of opening approximately 2,000 newly acquired acres. It is a stand alone property not connected to the other properties. We are contemplating opening it only for single track purposes. If we do not receive much interest for single track use we will open it to all types of vehicles.

The survey goes on to ask if you would pay more (in addition to existing fee) for a ST only area? And if yes, how much more? Options were 50/100/125/150. They went on to say if not enough interest, they will just add it as a general use for all.

Glad they are opening up more land, but not sure I want to pay much more. As is, I only ride there 6-8 times a year so far.

here's the link to the survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fromemberfeedback
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: FRO possibly adding Single Track Only riding area

Post by Bucho »

Its cool they are considering adding single track. But sucks they want MORE money for it
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

They are doing good things at FRO. campground this year. Real parking lots. Thinking about trail markings. And yeah ST only. But more money?? How about a ST riding only permit?
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:43 am They are doing good things at FRO. campground this year. Real parking lots. Thinking about trail markings. And yeah ST only. But more money?? How about a ST riding only permit?
Ohhh, now you are thinking!

A single track only permit for less $$
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Not to be negative, but the quads are going to find this property and blow out the trails, without paying the extra fee, and bikes will be left paying the bill for trails that are no longer single track. Additionally, they'll just automatically add the extra $50 to all dirtbikes, whether they plan on ever going to that ST system or not, and who knows if the ST would even be worth paying more for.

Considering FRO doesn't even make their own trails, the riders do, I think the best option is just to have the area accessible to everyone so the cost gets spread around and then hurry up and ride it while it's still fresh.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200