I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Knee braces.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Knee braces.

Post by Laoch »

smdub wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:27 pm
Laoch wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:34 am What's next? Exo-skeleton?
Yes please. W/ air conditioning.
:lol2:

Car? :shrug:
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I have extra FSA money and I've thought about buying some.

Which ones should I go for and how do I go about making them eligible for FSA?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I started with original Asterisks, wore Leatt C frames (standard and carbon) for a few years and now back to a new set of Asterisks.

Don't know what you'd have to do to get them through FSA
Last edited by gots_a_sol on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

To be FSA/HSA eligible I think they need to be certified as medical devices. I know the PODs are. Not sure of others. I could get Amazon/RockyMountainAtv/etc to accept my HSA card (limited to medical companies/billing codes) so I had to put it on my regular cc and do a reimbursement.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

That’s the interesting bit. Wouldn’t it be nice if all protective gear was listed as medical devices? Or would that drive prices up?
Medical device tax and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gots_a_sol wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:07 pm I started with original Asterisks, wore Leather C frames (standard and carbon) for a few years and now back to a new set of Asterisks.

Don't know what you'd have to do to get them through FSA
I wore Asterisks for the first 6 months after I wrecked my knee the first time. I didn't go see the Dr until Nov. Didn't see any sense ruining the riding season with surgery. I have bowed legs and the Asterisks hurt after a few hours. After orthoscopic surgery, the Dr prescribed braces and I have a custom set of CTis now. The insurance co even bought them!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I borrowed Alpinestars Fluids from a friend I was riding with at Budds in December. I didn't even notice I was wearing them while riding. I thought they were great and wound up buying them from him.
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I'm only 53 and haven't ridden since early last year because my knees are shot. Hopefully the Dr. has good news in few weeks.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Everyone that I know that's had their knees replaced has remarked that they wish they hadn't waited so long. Now in my 60's if it came to that I might or might not do it. If I was in my 40's or 50's, I think I'd definitely go through that for another 20 years or more of riding, hiking, cycling, etc. The tricky thing is finding the best ortho knife to do it. My daughter was a recovery nurse on the ortho floor and she would often remark that there were a couple of doctors who's patient's recovery time was a fraction of the rest of the sawbones practicing there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain