I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Twist »

Jtrobb wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:22 pm Do like I did. Got all the neighbors used to the e-motorcycle then switched it up to a quiet 4t gas bike now run the 2 stroke bikes and they don't even notice.

Jason
My immediate neighbors were fine with the noise my Beta 200 made in the back yard but there's a consortium of crusty old farts around in the community that are just spring loaded to catch someone having any kind of fun and put the kibosh on it. These are the same people who testified in court that the sound of kids playing ball on a baseball diamond or soccer field was ruining the "quiet enjoyment" of their homes. Sheesh.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Twist wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:54 pm
Jtrobb wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:22 pm Do like I did. Got all the neighbors used to the e-motorcycle then switched it up to a quiet 4t gas bike now run the 2 stroke bikes and they don't even notice.

Jason
My immediate neighbors were fine with the noise my Beta 200 made in the back yard but there's a consortium of crusty old farts around in the community that are just spring loaded to catch someone having any kind of fun and put the kibosh on it. These are the same people who testified in court that the sound of kids playing ball on a baseball diamond or soccer field was ruining the "quiet enjoyment" of their homes. Sheesh.
Time to move.
Bruce
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Jason
Need more white noise to cancel out other sounds, maybe an airboat or two, or a P-51 mustang etc...
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Laoch wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Jason
Time to move.

I would in a heartbeat if I didn't have a 10th grade kid working her way toward being kicked out to college. Another couple of years... I'm already keeping my eyes open for some land to build on someday.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Jason
Time to move.
:killingme: :loveit: :deal: 55 plus living community :cheers: :killingme: :cheers:
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 am Just put some rainbow and peace stickers on it and the tree huggers will love you.....no troubles.
intervention :lol2:
Id bet you have a blast railing that thing at Gunners Run loop at Mountain Ridge Mike
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

aai wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:47 am
Id bet you have a blast railing that thing at Gunners Run loop at Mountain Ridge Mike
I plan to find out Sonny. That's my daughter's favorite loop at Mountain ridge. I think she likes it because it's a fast paced trail :). We'll definitely take it with us when we come up there this spring. I think this bike would be a lot of fun back on the gnarlier rock gardens in the back.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Geekey Dave is a BAD influence on me!
I think I just ordered a Nucular controller and 50% bigger battery for mine. Hopefully it will arrive in a few weeks?
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Did you just pre-order the Nucular controller or did your turn finally come around and you paid for it? It takes him about 5 months to get to an order. I just put in another pre-order for the kid's bike (whenever I get it.) Figured by maybe late summer it would be ready and I could decide then if I still wanted another one.

I'm working on a DIY #219 chain conversion for the belt. I have a donor 20T sprocket but can't find a 48/54T one. Looks like I'll have to make it from scratch.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I have the FastAce shock on mine. Uses the same spring ID as RockShox. Was a PITA getting the original spring off, but put a 250# one on for the kid (he's a whopping 70#). He can get some sag and action with it now. I adjusted the perch a little slack to drop the bike further too.
Just need to make him a new seat and get some knobbies for the 17" wheels. I'm thinking Shinko 546 70/100-17s. Trying the keep the diameter down to 22.5".
Resizer_16131795812470.jpg
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee