I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:10 am
Just mount a fake set of peddles and you will be all good.

If I get in any trouble I'm going to tell them that you said this was OK.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I see dirt on the tires that is a good start...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:30 pm I see dirt on the tires that is a good start...
You should have seen it before I washed it yesterday. You could hardly tell the color of the bike after all the streams and slop I rode through. With those crappy fenders I was covered front and back with mud myself. I looked like someone roosted me in a mud hole. After that I put that cheap craft project front fender on it while I'm waiting on something real.

Still mulling over if I'll do anything about the front wheel/tire. There's definitely things around here that I think I'd roll over easier with a larger diameter front. Still waiting on the Stinko rear tire to arrive.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Twist wrote:

VIRGINIA'S E-BIKE LAW for the ROAD
e-bikes are defined as "electric powered assisted bicycles." so long as the e-bikes motor is under 1,000w, has a maximum speed of 25mph and has OPERABLE pedals. The SAME rules of the road apply to both e-bikes and human powered bicycles.
e-bikes are not subject to the registration licensing or insurance requirements that apply to motor vehicles.
-----
I believe you meet that criteria in EP mode Image
Trying to find out what the deal is in Maryland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

aai wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:28 pm
Twist wrote:

VIRGINIA'S E-BIKE LAW for the ROAD
e-bikes are defined as "electric powered assisted bicycles." so long as the e-bikes motor is under 1,000w, has a maximum speed of 25mph and has OPERABLE pedals. The SAME rules of the road apply to both e-bikes and human powered bicycles.
e-bikes are not subject to the registration licensing or insurance requirements that apply to motor vehicles.
-----
I believe you meet that criteria in EP mode Image
Trying to find out what the deal is in Maryland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
A friend of mine lives in Fairfax VA. He has been thinking very strongly about a Surron. He would get the peddle kit just for legal purposes riding near his house.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

FWIW, Surron EP mode is 3kW.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:29 pm FWIW, Surron EP mode is 3kW.
As delivered with the signal wire circuit closed, it's speed limited to 30 mph but even then, in EP mode, I guess it's still a 3kW bike.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Just put some rainbow and peace stickers on it and the tree huggers will love you.....no troubles.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'm doing almost all my riding on private land anyway so not too worried about it. There's a great little 1 acre parcel across the street from me that I partially own along with a few surrounding homes that is a perfect little trials training area. I never rode my Beta in there because I didn't want the neighbors to think I was tearing the place up with my "dirt bike." I've been going in there every day on the Sur Ron and all my neighbors have seen it and think it's pretty cool.
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

Do like I did. Got all the neighbors used to the e-motorcycle then switched it up to a quiet 4t gas bike now run the 2 stroke bikes and they don't even notice.

Jason