I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Boom Boom »

Starting a Go Fund Me for Twist and Firebolter for when the greenie cops lock them up for riding a motorized vehicle on private land.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:52 am Starting a Go Fund Me for Twist and Firebolter for when the greenie cops lock them up for riding a motorized vehicle on private land.
Well, I haven't been locked up since my college days (Daytona Beach, drunk and disorderly and indecent exposure - I accidentally peed on a cop's shoes - long story).

My goal is to leave no trace that I've been there. Putting a Stinko SR241 tire on the rear and I plan to be the most polite MF'er on the trails. I've been invited along with some friends that ride mountain bikes that cost more than the Sur Ron. We'll see how that goes. But mainly I think this thing will get its best use for my daughter following me around at Mountain Ridge and such.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Twist wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:13 am
Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:52 am Starting a Go Fund Me for Twist and Firebolter for when the greenie cops lock them up for riding a motorized vehicle on private land.
Well, I haven't been locked up since my college days (Daytona Beach, drunk and disorderly and indecent exposure - I accidentally peed on a cop's shoes - long story).

My goal is to leave no trace that I've been there. Putting a Stinko SR241 tire on the rear and I plan to be the most polite MF'er on the trails. I've been invited along with some friends that ride mountain bikes that cost more than the Sur Ron. We'll see how that goes. But mainly I think this thing will get its best use for my daughter following me around at Mountain Ridge and such.
Just mount a fake set of peddles and you will be all good.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Ain't nobody in my neighborhood gonna report me! Dem old bitches needs me! Besides, it makes them feel good to see "one of theirs" carrying the flag for old people and getting out and doing stuff!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I found a little green level trail to try out your e-bike or just toss it off a cliff....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

20210209_182955.jpg
geek alert
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:28 pm I found a little green level trail to try out your e-bike or just toss it off a cliff....
Nope. Noooope. Uh uh.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Firebolter wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:58 pmadded the fat boy spring to the rear shock
I'm about to try and swap a lighter 250# sprnig on for the kid. Haven't taken the shock off yet to look at it though. Does the rebound knob just unscrew to be able to get the lower perch off?
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:28 pm I found a little green level trail to try out your e-bike or just toss it off a cliff....
Wow! Some tough hills. I need to get back out and keep practicing...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:49 pm
Firebolter wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:58 pmadded the fat boy spring to the rear shock
I'm about to try and swap a lighter 250# sprnig on for the kid. Haven't taken the shock off yet to look at it though. Does the rebound knob just unscrew to be able to get the lower perch off?
Depends! I have read, different versions of the DNM shock have a longer or shorter knobs for the rebound adjuster. Mine, I was able to take it out with no problems, just removed the upper shock mount bolt, then the lower linkage bolts and snake the shock out through the side. Was able to wind down the pre load by hand, remove the retainer ring, swap the shock and replace in reverse. 20 min job. If you have the longer rebound knob, you will have to remove it. It has a small allen key on it you release, and then the knob will come off.
Lots of cool bikes---