I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
darrell
DAMN n00b

Re: DAMN ADV ride

Post by darrell »

As of now I can’t make 1st weekend in May, work travel schedule. I like the idea of camping at Rocky Gap SP. I did one of those find hidden markers ADV/DS rides a few years ago out of Rocky Gap. The nice thing about the location is you do a figure eight ride from the park as we did 100 miles southeast day one in Greenridge SF and 90 miles northeast in Buchanan SF

Also FYI usually Greenridge has there spring ADV ride 1st Sunday in May, so might be some more bike traffic on the back roads in the forest.
“a true diamond in the rough”
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

darrell wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Also FYI usually Greenridge has there spring ADV ride 1st Sunday in May, so might be some more bike traffic on the back roads in the forest.
Good point Darrell.

Id also like to finally do that Greenridge dualsport. I've always felt a little guilty not supporting a localish ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I am gonna wait and see where the reunion ride lands, then look for a weekend to do this.
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

DAMN ADV ride

Post by Laoch »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:08 pm I am gonna wait and see where the reunion ride lands, then look for a weekend to do this.
I’m thinking May 22-23 for the reunion.
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I am pretty open for the dates you guys are proposing, so first weekend of May would work for me for this DAMN ADV ride. My plan for this ride is pretty simple-

Meet up at Sheetz off 15 in Thurmont on Sat May xx.
Depart ~0830. Depending on how many people end up doing the event, we will either leave as a group (if 6-8 or less) or stagger out in smaller groups depending on how many ride. Each smaller group is responsible for those in that group. That way we can keep everyone together and safe easier than if we try and do one big group. Plus that way guys can group up and ride their pace with like riders and let the fast boyz rocket out. Plus they get all the tickets! :killingme:

Either camp or get a room at Rocky Gap. Depending on how many people want to camp, maybe we get a couple adjoining camp sites reserved at the state park for those that wish to camp. Hotelers, you are on your own to get your reservations.

Sunday, leave out and make out way back to Frederick. Last time I did this, we got back to Frederick mid afternoon. Day 2 is more backroads and less dirt/forest roads.

I'll update this thread in a month or so once everything lays out flat for reunion ride, but for now, looks like tentative dates are May 1st and 2nd
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

juddspaintballs wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:37 pm 1st weekend/ADV ride is out for me. I work that Sunday.

4th weekend would be best for the DAMN reunion for me. I have leave that Sunday.
You could ride Saturday, which is the best day anyway and just head home from Rocky Gap sat afternoon? Or leave early and head to work on Sunday? Don't know how far RG is from your home location. Just a thought
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Look at adding a stop at High Rock in Cascade, MD. It’s on the route and a worthwhile stop.
And I had some other suggestions, oh yeah...Big Mountain overlook off of Tower rd. Another great stop that is literally on the route.
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:08 am Look at adding a stop at High Rock in Cascade, MD. It’s on the route and a worthwhile stop.
And I had some other suggestions, oh yeah...Big Mountain overlook off of Tower rd. Another great stop that is literally on the route.
Want me to email you the word file? Then you could insert appropriate verbiage for the 2 points you mention, and any other.

email me and I'll respond with the word file. I don't want to post it up until it is final.
Last edited by Firebolter on Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:15 am
Laoch wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:08 am Look at adding a stop at High Rock in Cascade, MD. It’s on the route and a worthwhile stop.
Want me to email you the word file? Then you could insert appropriate verbiage for the 2 points you mention, and any other.

missileboy@gmail.com email me and I'll respond with the word file. I don't want to post it up until it is final.
I have the file. I will add in as options. I’ll get a copy back to you later.
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I broke Day 1 into 2 GPS files. One is from the start in Thurmont @ Sheetz on 15 to the Sheetz in Mt. Holly Springs
Part 2 is Mt Holly Springs to Rocky Gap.

Load them up and see how they look. I did find a couple typo's in my original file regarding turn directions, so am cleaning that up as well.
Last edited by Firebolter on Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of cool bikes---