New AMA rule against helmet cams

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: New AMA rule against helmet cams

Post by Wingfixer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:56 pm

Boom Boom wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:19 am
Just less footage being posted for the greenies to use against off road events.
Yup, this.
I've noticed a few rides (Hammer Run just to name one) that forbid helmet cams already.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:19 am

Twist wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:02 am
Or is it not related to injury risk and it's something else - like video evidence of your ride?
Like WF said, at Hammer they specifically tell you NO GO PRO's or camera's allowed. There was another event too in Pa, but I can't remember which one. It is for that exact reason, anti folks get the video's and use them to try and shut down access. Now at a MX track, seems a little silly to me, but off road courses where they use public lands, thats the rub.
Lots of cool bikes---

Twist
DAMN Expert

Post by Twist » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:53 am

Boom Boom wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:19 am
Just less footage being posted for the greenies to use against off road events.
Makes sense to me. I wonder if a few well placed trail cameras wouldn't show that hunters on ATVs do their share of damage as well.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:55 pm

The argument that cameras help the greenies oppose racing is pretty weak. In that theory, we give up the videos we love and the greenies still hate every dirt bike in the woods. And they still have the tracks from 400 bikes to take pictures of themselves. You can't hide the tracks so its little use to try and hide the videos. Its pissing in the wind and giving up something to gain nothing. Guess what, if every camera in the world vanished tomorrow the greenies would STILL want every bike banned from the woods. Who are we kidding?!?!?

In the IPSC shooting sports, they wanted to make the targets look less human shaped thinking it would help the public image. But again, the people who hate guns totally hate everything about them. Its the targets, the guns, the noise, the danger. Everything. The antigunners won't give up until every gun is gone.

The greenies won't give up until every bike is gone. It's futile to try and appease them. Better to not give an inch and just fight back. Be just as relentless.

I heard the main reason the AMA went P.C. nuts was injuries such as indy racing Michael Schumacher who had an injury with helmet and gopro attached while skiing. SORRY, but F-him. Skiing is inherently dangerous. Ask Sonny Bono.

Dirt Bikes are even more dangerous. A helmet camera is soooooooo little risk compared to everything else we do, that its a horrible joke to pretend it needs AMA intervention. Like mandating a box of tissues in your racing truck to address coronavirus concerns.
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f - a KTM made out of Chinesium
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII

Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Laoch » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:39 am

Jeebus. Somebody has a hard on for cameras.

It's a private organization, they make the rules. They also have insure requirements.
Don't be a member, don't ride their races.
Simple.
Bruce
'19 FE250/'16 F700GS/some trials bikes