I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Step up bike for my daughter.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Step up bike for my daughter.

Post by Bucho »

That does seem a little cruel Wes. Showing her this cool new toy and NOT letting her play with it.

Definitely start scouting for some large parking lots that are not being used with covid.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:47 am You've got to do classroom training and acquire on the road hours, with some being professionally supervised, to get a non-commerical, class C, license in MD and that's all set up for driving cars. The class C license is required before you can apply for class M, motorcycles.
Unless things have changed, I believe you can get a M/moto license without having a C/car license. I remember a 16 kid with one who worked at the bike shop with me, (20 years ago).

He took the MSF course and got his license at the end of course.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Searching, it does indeed sound like you can get class M w/o the C. This site seems to describe it most clearly.
https://www.millerandzois.com/maryland- ... cense.html
Sounds like you still have to take the official car driving training but can apply for a M learners permit. Must also pass the C learners test but sound like one could end up w/ a full M license w/o ever getting the full C. Cool.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:40 pm That does seem a little cruel Wes. Showing her this cool new toy and NOT letting her play with it.

Definitely start scouting for some large parking lots that are not being used with covid.
I'm going to need to find a source for a crap ton of orange cones :)

Hmmm, I wonder what it costs to rent out a go-cart track for a half day?

Which begs the second question: I wonder how fast she'll outgrow her first set of one-piece leathers?

My wife is already asking me if this bike is for Gracie or me. My answer, "Why can't it be both?"
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Twist wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:35 amI'm going to need to find a source for a crap ton of orange cones :)
You can get a buttload of the soccer cone-like things for cheap at the play it again sports places.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Jacob got both his C and M learners on the first day he was allowed to at 15 and 9 months I believe. I don’t remember the details of when you need the car drivers ed (after learners?) but he did get car license as soon as the learners permit time was up, when he turned 16 I think.
I think he did the motorcycle safety class after he was 16 and got a certificate to exchange for his license at MVA. There was no big rush for the motorcycle license because we were riding together with his learners. :roost: :roost:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

We use the low profile cones at the office when we're goofing off out back. You can run over them w/o much excitement (they can slide a little) or damage to the cones. Full cones are a bit more dangerous when you run over them.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

smdub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:14 pm We use the low profile cones at the office when we're goofing off out back. You can run over them w/o much excitement (they can slide a little) or damage to the cones. Full cones are a bit more dangerous when you run over them.
Yep, those are the ones you can get at the play it again sports places (or any sports store) for cheap.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:14 pm We use the low profile cones at the office when we're goofing off out back. You can run over them w/o much excitement (they can slide a little) or damage to the cones. Full cones are a bit more dangerous when you run over them.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Thanks Stephen - good tip on the cones. It's time to teach my kid how to corner on a street bike. :thumbup:
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:35 am
I'm going to need to find a source for a crap ton of orange cones :)

I have a box of tennis balls cut in half. Been sitting on my shelf for 4+ years. Since last time I set up a parking lot course.

You can have them
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200