I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: DAMN ADV ride

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:44 pm That's a good route Bill.
I've done parts of it. Well most of it, but never in one shot.
I've ridden a lot of that as well, and probably more than I think but just don't recognize the names of. All great stuff!! Looking forward to it! :eats:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

da scrub wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am Count me in as well...why wait til Spring?! :thumbup:

Exactly! If it's big bike friendly, then it's heated gear friendly too!
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

juddspaintballs wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:41 am
da scrub wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am Count me in as well...why wait til Spring?! :thumbup:

Exactly! If it's big bike friendly, then it's heated gear friendly too!
I like where your heads at! :thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Marylander wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:56 pm Huh, maybe I could bring out the 690. I finally mounted the front Heidenau K73 supermoto tire I've had sitting around for a year so I should have some ok traction (already had the rear mounted up). The fat 17" semi-knobby Heidenaus look pretty cool...
20201120_194827.jpg
They look like slightly less aggressive rain roadrace tires, which are actually the hot item for fronts for true supermoto racing.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Bill,

Posting that route is quite fortuitous -- it goes right past my cabin, and just today I was talking about putting together a route centered around there so it looks like you did all the work for me!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

phoo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:06 pmThey look like slightly less aggressive rain roadrace tires, which are actually the hot item for fronts for true supermoto racing.
I think they're at least styled to look like rain roadrace tires. They say "rain" on the sidewalls. They're pretty soft for street tires and have no more traction for daily riding than the diablo supercorsas the bike had on it when I first bought it. I should've bought some sport touring tires like michelin pilot roads as I'm mostly using the bike to commute or other mundane stuff. The track tires never get warm enough to have any traction and, while sliding going fast on warm tires sounds like fun it's not so much fun sliding unpredictably on cold tires going to fast on an exit from the highway. It's my own fault for buying tires that look cool instead of getting practical ones for what I actually use the bike for most of the time. :shrug:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

beejaytee wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:10 pm I vote for camping cause I’m cheap like that.
Back on topic!

There is a nice state park at Rocky Gap. They have camping (reservations needed) so we could accommodate those that want to camp and those who want a room at the hotel, all in the same general location.

https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pa ... kygap.aspx
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

If we do this in May, then the temps at night are low 50's and tolerable for camping without a bunch of gear. DO you guys want to shoot for early May? What would be a good weekend? Leave on a Sat morning early from Frederick, camp Sat night @Rocky Gap then home on Sunday?
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

DAMN ADV ride

Post by Laoch »

First weekend? 2nd weekend is Mom’s day and then we should be doing another reunion the next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce