I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

T7 Race Technology (bike shop)

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

T7 Race Technology (bike shop)

Post by phoo »

Called yesterday and the outgoing message said, "we're not taking any new work at this time." I guess that's an upgrade from when I called a couple weeks ago and simply didn't get an answer. Bummer. Anyone know what's going on? I would have thought they'd be super busy with covid, as opposed to the opposite.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: T7 Race Technology (bike shop)

Post by juddspaintballs »

That sucks. My fork seal just started leaking.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

juddspaintballs wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:35 pm That sucks. My fork seal just started leaking.
FWIW, I have a fork over with T-Bone and Earl's, which friends of mine really like, is closer to you (and me), and has really good prices, at least as far as replacing a fork seal and inspecting the internals goes.

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

phoo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:39 am
juddspaintballs wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:35 pm That sucks. My fork seal just started leaking.
FWIW, I have a fork over with T-Bone and Earl's, which friends of mine really like, is closer to you (and me), and has really good prices, at least as far as replacing a fork seal and inspecting the internals goes.

~Patrick

I've already fixed the fork seal, but I'll keep them in mind for next time. Thank you.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Earl and Krystal (owners of TBone and Earl's) are awesome. I bought my TM from them and they are a true "Mom and Pop" operation. They carry an awesome supply of riding gear, tires, oil and race gas too. Earl is an ace mechanic as well, so yeah, they'll get more of my business.
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I got my fork back from T-Bone and Earl's. They identified that the reason it was leaking wasn't (necessarily/just) the fork seal, but because the bushings were shot. Replaced everything, and only have one ride on it, but dry as a bone and working great now! Was $60ish for a single fork for just the seals (way less than anywhere else I know of), came out to $120/140ish with all the bushings and everything else going on. Still a great price, with quality work imo.

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I dropped my shock off to them Tuesday. They were very friendly and excited to be building a reputation among the DAMN riders. Hopefully I hear something back soon on the shock...
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

While it wouldn't be a terrible drive for me to get there (closer than T7 was), do you think they'd accept forks and shocks mailed to them and mail them back? I have the boxes and foam already.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:38 pm While it wouldn't be a terrible drive for me to get there (closer than T7 was), do you think they'd accept forks and shocks mailed to them and mail them back? I have the boxes and foam already.
Had I not called out (cough cough) for this trip that had been my plan. All that to say, I'm not sure but I will ask them when I call to ask about my shock.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I didn't realize these guys were just in Taneytown. That's not that far for me. I probably need to swap out one of the sliders on the marzocchi forks on my beta. I haven't really checked it yet but I've got leaking on the leg where I'd chewed up the slider a bit falling on some rocks and then filled in with some jb weld...