I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hmmmmm Movie? Baltimore disrespect?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Re: Hmmmmm Movie? Baltimore disrespect?

Post by Bork »

Lets try this out on a motorcycle, maybe on a wheelie, to be sure!
https://youtu.be/_mytpTEbL0M
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Anne Arundel County Police in Maryland has a policy of never chasing anyone. There's a couple of dirt bikes and a quad that have been blocking intersections and roaming around on parks and recreation areas and when the police arrive, they just flee through the woods or sometimes just on the street and there's nothing they can do about it due to the no-chase policy. I actually stood beside the officer's car watching them flee a park near my house and he politely explained that there was nothing he could do. In this case, the hooligans are just making some noise and having some fun - not doing anything destructive but they are causing some of the folks around here to tar all of us as hooligans. *shrug* I'm licensed, documented on the bike, running a factory quiet exhaust, and not doing anything objectionable so I'm not worried about getting stopped or hassled. It's funny sometimes to see their reaction when they think I'm some teen hooligan and this old man pops out of the helmet to chat.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I assure you, its only going to get worse.

Police are being more limited in what they can do. And even when they can do stuff they may choose to do nothing because they are afraid of being held responsible for anything that goes wrong. Afraid of criminal charges or civil suits because they arent protected anymore while in performance of their duties.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:56 pm I assure you, its only going to get worse.

Police are being more limited in what they can do. And even when they can do stuff they may choose to do nothing because they are afraid of being held responsible for anything that goes wrong. Afraid of criminal charges or civil suits because they arent protected anymore while in performance of their duties.
It's a tough time to be a cop. Stay safe out there Phil!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:56 pm I assure you, its only going to get worse.

It's a fucking disgrace the way some in this country are treating those that PROTECT US. Phil, I for one am glad people like you get up everyday and go to work. You deserve way more than what you are paid I AM SURE.
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:25 am

It's a fucking disgrace the way some in this country are treating those that PROTECT US. Phil, I for one am glad people like you get up everyday and go to work. You deserve way more than what you are paid I AM SURE.
Thank you very much.

To a certain extent they have a point, (in some places).
I think the biggest problem is a lack of standards nationwide for police. You can have a barely literate high school graduate getting paid nothing w/ extremely minimal training, to other places which require 2-4 years of college and have several times more/better training.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200