I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Laoch »

Both are 350. They came from a well know friend :deal: Who got a pretty little Beta in return.
Bruce
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Had to build a new desktop after a lightning strike fragged my old one, plus my modem, router, and the DAMN invisible fence controller for the dog (that thing was literally blown to pieces from it, found bits scattered around the garage).

Put it all together yesterday, new cables for my monitors came in today, so hooked it all up.

I was just going to keep running Windows 7 but apparently I've been under a rock and MS quit supporting it in January. Well shit. Decided to give Linux another go since apparently some big strides had been made in the last few years to get windows games to run in Linux. Threw the newest Ubuntu on a thumb drive, popped it in, powered up, installed, working great. I tried Command and Conquer Remastered and after some tweaks to Steam, it started right up and ran fine. Started playing the last mission I was on, failed it 3 times in 10 minutes, then quit :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Pretty cool, looks like you've got a nice setup. I'm too cheap to spend that much on a PC and I like sitting on the couch playing games so I use a laptop (with different things to keep from melting my lap). I've got a stack of 2080Ti cards sitting in my office at work waiting for me to set them up (for some AI/machine learning projects). One of these days I'll have to bring in a spare SSD and play some games after hours at work to see what it's like to have fast hardware. :killingme: I don't know how well the xeon CPUs work for games though...

Most of 30 years ago I used to do 1-on-1 warcraft 2, doom, and age of kings at lunch time with someone else in the office. :cheers:

I haven't been able to get into any games lately. I'm waiting on the next elder scrolls game to come out (played over 400 hours of skyrim).
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

I worked on adding a lean too to the pole barn this week
Attachments
IMG_20200913_155319398.jpg
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Jtrobb wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:12 pm I worked on adding a lean too to the pole barn this week
When you get done I have a few projects for you.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

gots_a_sol wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:50 pm Had to build a new desktop after a lightning strike fragged my old one, plus my modem, router, and the DAMN invisible fence controller for the dog (that thing was literally blown to pieces from it, found bits scattered around the garage).

Put it all together yesterday, new cables for my monitors came in today, so hooked it all up.

I was just going to keep running Windows 7 but apparently I've been under a rock and MS quit supporting it in January. Well shit. Decided to give Linux another go since apparently some big strides had been made in the last few years to get windows games to run in Linux. Threw the newest Ubuntu on a thumb drive, popped it in, powered up, installed, working great. I tried Command and Conquer Remastered and after some tweaks to Steam, it started right up and ran fine. Started playing the last mission I was on, failed it 3 times in 10 minutes, then quit :lol2:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/14/2106 ... 10-free-os :angel:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I did the mandatory windows 10 update early in the year. My older Dell was running great on 7. After the update, nothing but problems, DAMN blue screen of death on a regular basis.
I finally broke down and got an iMac and it’s awesome. I got an iPad for Christmas, mainly for the FaceTime thing with grandkids. Together they work very well for me. Never going to use Windows again.
Having said that, buying your own components and running Linux is :thumbup:
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Finally put siding on the 4th side of my house yesterday and today.

Now I just need to build a deck. Almost ready to sell. New roof, new siding, addition, a few new windows, new laminate wood floors, new carpet in the basement, a 4th legal bedroom in the basement now, new bathroom floors plus a master bath remodel, fresh paint, newish AC unit and furnace, new water treatment system, well pump, and pressure tank, and some other stuff...
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Had a spindle seize up on my mower a few weeks ago. Finally went to replace that spindle last weekend just to find the stock blades mount differently than the replacement (new one is splined, originals just had smooth hole). Ugh. So ordered 2 more spindles and a new set of blades. Today I had some time and replaced it all. It cuts much more cleanly now compared the the old blades which were DAMN near flat on the cutting edges from just mowing over whatever was buried in the grass for years :killingme:

After doing that, I replaced my clutch cover on the Beta as the last time I rode it I wore a hole in the DAMN thing with my boot. My bike being an RE came with the Rekluse cover instead of the cast piece on the standard bikes so I went with another one of them even though it doesn't say Beta Racing now :dirtdog: :lol2:

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

gots_a_sol wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:48 pm... so I went with another one of them even though it doesn't say Beta Racing now :dirtdog: :lol2:
FWIW, tons of places laser engrave. W/ a pic/graphic many will do it while you wait.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee