I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

7 Mtn Dual Sport 12 Sept

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 7 Mtn Dual Sport 12 Sept

Post by Firebolter »

Never saw him! Sean and I were parked over by the shooting range berm. Good event. You needed the roll chart. Arrows were minimal. We rode 2 trails that we rode a few weeks back when we went up there and camped at Poe Valley SP.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The long long downhill coming off the mountain following Sean.
Lots of cool bikes---
heydek
DAMN n00b

Post by heydek »

I stupidly forgot to reach out to trialsrider in advance and when I arrived a bit before 11pm it turned out there was zero cell service there. At that moment my only option would have been to go wake up everyone and ask if they are or know 'trialsrider' :lol2: I'm sorry I asked for help and then not come through on my end :doh:
Thanks again for the bearings Bucho, you saved my butt big time, I owe you some beers. I installed the bearings early in the morning and rode the whole day without issues.
Like you guys suggested, just saying hi to some folks and asking if I could tag alone did the trick. Turned out to be 3 really cool dudes who were riding a good pace.
The event itself was good fun and the weather was perfect. Never rode in PA before but man is it rocky! I felt my bike and body rattling apart.
A pity I missed the opportunity to meet some of you but I'm keeping an eye out for future events :thumbup:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:33 am The long long downhill coming off the mountain following Sean.

Nice video
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Firebolter wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:33 am The long long downhill coming off the mountain following Sean.
Based on the video, I not sure why it was so hard. We should have just buzzed down. Although, I think that when Bill was rapidly gaining speed going down hill he may not have had his motor on which tells you something.

An old 7 Mountains DS route favorite. The only section I really missed my trials tire (I know, I know, trials tires are G##)

I think this used to be part to the Dual Sport loop. Boom Boom will know.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I did dead engine down all the way until close to the bottom where you left that rock set up in that little gap when you went over, I had to start the motor to lift the tire up and over. Why burn my energy! I have ridden that trail before a few times. Like all of the Bald Eagle stuff, primo.
Last edited by Firebolter on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

trialsrider wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:47 pm
Based on the video, I not sure why it was so hard. We should have just buzzed down. Although, I think that when Bill was rapidly gaining speed going down hill he may not have had his motor on which tells you something.

An old 7 Mountains DS route favorite. The only section I really missed my trials tire (I know, I know, trials tires are G##)

I think this used to be part to the Dual Sport loop. Boom Boom will know.
Suicide Slide is the common name and much more fun to climb but understand why they run down hill for and event. Amazing how much trail damage just a couple bikes running knobs spinning doing the climb will expose the roots and start ruts that wash bad. Gay or not but a trials tire will walk up that hill with minimal effort. Glad to see they are still running the hill as seems every year the foresters wanted to remove it from the DS route. Enjoy them trails while they are still open and support PaTRA and SMCC as those clubs is who does the backwork and paperwork to keep open for public use.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:26 am Amazing how much trail damage just a couple bikes running knobs spinning doing the climb will expose the roots and start ruts that wash bad. Gay or not but a trials tire will walk up that hill with minimal effort.
True. Now that I cut/maintain trails, I can really see that. Amazing the trench one guy can make.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200