I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sideling Hill Creek Crossing

Fords and only Fords! No Chevys, no Buicks, no Turbo-Yugos either. Post the coordinates and a description of the creek crossing. Interesting dirt or gravel roads only - no asphalt! Also post your awesome ADV GPS tracks (.gpx files)
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Sideling Hill Creek Crossing

Post by ReardenSteel »

I was taking MD-144 National Pike up Sideling Hill, then followed a public road dual-track (Riser Road) down to its terminus at Sideling Hill Creek.
https://goo.gl/maps/2NX7bPSGQfLPFptz8
Google Maps does not show a link up to Stottlemeyer Road on the other side, but it's there & accessible.

The creek forms the boundary between Washington & Allegany counties.

Coords: 39°40'27.3"N 78°20'31.2"W

Creek crossing on a WR250R (unlisted):

I did verify this is a public road; though the property on either side is private property and is marked as such. Maryland DNR cites Riser Road when giving directions on their website to a wildlife management area. https://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/pages ... ghill.aspx

Just after I crossed, a truck with a couple of boys crossed behind me... I got the feeling I was being "checked out" to ensure I was not up to no good; but I was rather suspicious that it was they who were possibly on the prowl for trouble. I recommend going with a buddy.

A couple of snapshots from the crossing:

Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
'10 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4
Eastern TransAmerica Trail 2011
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Sideling Hill Creek Crossing

Post by Bucho »

Glad you are getting out to ride.

Water looks low. Would be a dicey crossing a foot deeper.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Pretty cool. I've ridden my wr250x out that way. I had it absolutely pinned going up sideling hill and had no hope at all of maintaining speed. ;)
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

Super low right now, it can be 12-18”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk