I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 pm The bees are cool! I've seen a few articles on people taking their bees on the road to pollinate crops and making good side money doing so (or not just side money in the case of bigger operations).
I'm not doing it for money. Depending on how this year goes I may do a couple more hives.
I figure honey and beeswax should be valued trade goods in the apocalypse.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I got the roof panels put on the back half of the house today. I also got the edge flashing done. I need to flash around the chimney and install the ridge cap still. The underlayment is covering the open ridge right now so it's at least waterproof. I'll cut the underlayment out of the ridge before installing the ridge cap so air moves as it should.

Gutter company is installing new gutters tomorrow. I'll get started on the siding later this week, probably.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

I just saw the thing about the big murder hornets, bummer. Maybe you should carry a shot gun?
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

When I bought the new-to-me Frontier, the seller said he was pretty sure the trans was fubar. It would run fine cold but after about 20 minutes when the truck would get good and hot it would start bucking. He said he replaced the crank sensor (with a $10 cheapie) but there was no change.

General consensus of the internet is the cheap sensors are junk and you need to buy oem Nissan replacements. Also it was a good idea to do the crank and both cam sensors at the same time. Of course it is. $250 to Nissan later... :dry:

The truck appears to run fine now so at least that is solved. Now on to the nickle and dime shit. Plus I still need to get tags.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Make it even better by adding a transmission cooler just because. Never hurts.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I spent Sunday - Wednesday at my buddies place in Florida helping him work on his Murphy Moose. I also helped him make sure his beer and steak supply was fresh! :deal:

That's his son, Chase, in the Captain's chair, "helping". :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I finished flashing around the chimney on my roof today. Gutter company installed all new gutters and downspouts yesterday. I also got the ridge vent/cap on the roof. I fixed the chimney cap with fresh concrete today, too. So now, I'm totally done the roof.

Next project is drywalling the addition. The drywall arrived yesterday and I put it all inside the addition. I purposely bought 12' sheets so I only have to make vertical seams on the walls (over 8' tall) and the sheets will span the full width of the ceiling (just under 12'). After drywall, I start siding the whole house.

Last edited by juddspaintballs on Thu May 07, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Jed, looks like a good place for a windmill !
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Maybe the next owner can put one up. I hope to have it listed for sale in June or July.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 pm I spent Sunday - Wednesday at my buddies place in Florida helping him work on his Murphy Moose. I also helped him make sure his beer and steak supply was fresh! :deal:

That's his son, Chase, in the Captain's chair, "helping". :lol2:
I'll bet that radial sounds sweet when it fires up.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris