I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

In the DAMN area for a couple months

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
anomad

In the DAMN area for a couple months

Post by anomad » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Howdy folks. Stumbled into this forum from advrider when I was looking up information on the area. I am working in Springfield, VA for a couple months on a temporary assignment. Who knows, sometimes these things turn into transfers/promotions. I'm not sure if I could retain my limited grip on sanity in the metro area though?

Hoping bob's bmw might have something on the used lot I should take back to New Mexico with me when I am done here. Till then I am pedaling my "dual sport" up and down GWMP bike path.

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: In the DAMN area for a couple months

Post by mdubya » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:19 am

Welcome. :cheers:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Indeed - welcome! :cheers:

bring your "dual sport" out for some easy gravel rides with us. :bandit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm not really knocking BMW's. (I might have another one someday) But I think Bob's is more of a place to go check out bikes and dream. I think all of his stuff (and BMW's in general) are over priced.
There are alot of super cheap half a decade old Jap dualsports, that you could buy and ride for a few months and sell w/out losing much money at all. Or keep and take back home.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

John Go

Post by John Go » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Welcome.
Bob's had a nice used dakar 650 last time I was there. I think it is still there. I considered it, but ended up getting a new KLR instead.

anomad

Post by anomad » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for the welcomes! I had a great weekend camping up in Shenandoah.

Bucho wrote:I'm not really knocking BMW's. (I might have another one someday) But I think Bob's is more of a place to go check out bikes and dream. I think all of his stuff (and BMW's in general) are over priced.
There are alot of super cheap half a decade old Jap dualsports, that you could buy and ride for a few months and sell w/out losing much money at all. Or keep and take back home.
I agree (from my limited exposure).

I'm definitely looking for a keeper to compliment my other bike at home. Something fuel injected, preferably without a chain, not too big...

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:31 pm

something fuel injected w/out a chain drive...

okay, I guess then you do want a BMW
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Skyclad

Post by Skyclad » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:58 am

Bucho wrote:something fuel injected w/out a chain drive...

Or a Ulysses. :brows:

anomad

Post by anomad » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Bucho wrote:something fuel injected w/out a chain drive...

When it comes down to writing a check a '99 DR650 sounds better....

Say, do any of you good folks have creative parking solutions? I am staying in a condo and have permission from the parking nazi's to park one vehicle where I can find a spot.